Available for purchase The Forge

The Forge makes my heart beat in a whole different way and I would gladly buy it, if it was available for purchase.

It has made me happy like no other game has. In times of quarantine, self-isolation and lockdown, what I wish the most is to be able to (binge) play it.

I understand it has been said that it wouldn't be available anymore due to the extra costs it brings. However, if this game was available for purchase, would the money made from sales be enough to cover the expenses?

Yes I would pay money for the Forge as permanently playable additional game content- but the problem is Klei said they did not want to separate their fan base between paid dlc walls.

I have talked about a work-around to that situation by allowing people who do not own DLC to still join and play with people who DO own the DLCs... So that there is no separation between who owns and does not own content just Like Minecraft And it’s various expansion packs...... 

All it would take is a few couple extra seconds or minutes of loading time for a screen that reads “Downloading DLC Assets.”

But no one wants to take my opinions seriously.. So I guess at this point I’m just wasting mine & everyone else’s time. -sigh- I give up.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But no one wants to take my opinions seriously.. So I guess at this point I’m just wasting mine & everyone else’s time. -sigh- I give up.

well thats sad everyones opinion should be valued including yours and everyones opinions should be valued equally so if people dont value your opinion that means they are the kind of people who value their opinion more than others hope this made you feel a bit better

anyways the whole idea of the forge becoming dlc is a pretty good idea and klei most probably have it on their list of what they should do with the forge but i think klei will make the forge free content or make it a yearly thing 

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have talked about a work-around to that situation by allowing people who do not own DLC to still join and play with people who DO own the DLCs... So that there is no separation between who owns and does not own content just Like Minecraft And it’s various expansion packs...... 

personally i think the idea is good but the problem lies in the offline players if they dont buy the forge (if it becomes dlc)then they cant play it klei might find a work around for that as well but i dont they want to take the chance k bye

I'm assuming either you're a console player, or you haven't tried playing with mods at all? Because the Reforged mod basically fills this niche already for PC players; I've been playing it a lot myself. If it's the latter, you should be able to find Forge mod servers (also Gorge, plus the Starving Floor mod and a few others) by changing the game mode filter to Custom, without needing to install anything yourself. If it's the former... well, the Steam summer sale's coming up, maybe you'll be able to pick up the PC version for, like, $3.

Unfortunately I don't think repackaging the Forge and selling it as a permanent expansion pack for DST or a standalone game would be a cost-effective compromise between running the event and not running the event, even though it'd make console Forge enthusiasts happy and avoid the problem of server hosting expenses that the last three special gamemode events had. It'd still be work for the programmers even if all they did was change the backend code to work on servers that weren't hosted by Klei, and I'm skeptical about whether there are truly enough players who would pay for originally free-to-play content to make it worthwhile if they didn't add new stuff. (And unless it was exclusively for consoles, it'd put the Reforged and Forged Forge modders in a very awkward position, since those mods offer the exact same thing for free to PC players.) But they probably would add new stuff, which while drawing in more players would also add more work. And, yeah, there's the more philosophical issue of whether they're willing to split their fanbase with a paywall like that.

I never got the impression that Klei was done with the Forge forever, just that they didn't have the budget to both run another Forge season and work on other new content for DST. I'm confident it'll be back officially one day, even if that day isn't soon.

Splitting a fan base up between who owns dlc and who does not own dlc can easily be avoided if people who do NOT own DLC can still join and play in worlds with people who DO own the DLC.

Identical in every way to me buying a new pack on the Minecraft Market Place- A few more seconds or minutes of “Downloading DLC Assets” And my friends who Did NOT Buy the DLC Add-On can still join my world.

Think of it as sort of a way to ignore paywalls exist between content- And also as an excellent way for your friends to play with you or Demo an add-on without buying it themselves.

Ive seen many times in Minecraft where my friends liked a pack I bought and they played in one of my worlds So much that they ended up buying it for themselves. 

There would not be any exclusive bonuses or perks for if you own or did not own the content packs, AND if the content was permanently part of the game, all Klei would have to do is flip a switch to enable Event related drops during that events ACTUAL time of the year they want it Activated.

Similar to how one of my servers is Always set to Hallowed Nights regardless of rather or not it’s October.

The TL:DR- Klei wouldn’t have to occur additional costs in running the content because it would be part of the core game, and people who do not own the packs could still join and play with people who do, HOWEVER cosmetic unlockable from these packs would only be available during the time of the year the actual event is supposed to be running.

On 4/23/2020 at 3:07 AM, CameoAppearance said:

I'm assuming either you're a console player, or you haven't tried playing with mods at all? Because the Reforged mod basically fills this niche already for PC players; I've been playing it a lot myself. If it's the latter, you should be able to find Forge mod servers (also Gorge, plus the Starving Floor mod and a few others) by changing the game mode filter to Custom, without needing to install anything yourself. If it's the former... well, the Steam summer sale's coming up, maybe you'll be able to pick up the PC version for, like, $3.

To be honest, I had never thought there was a mod like that. I'm not very "fluent" in these tech things and even though I use a few mods, I had guidance to find and subscribe to them. I'll definitely look that up and, luckily, learn how to use it.

Archived