[Help request] Game Pulsing

Again i apologise if this is the wrong place to post it, just trying to figure out why this has started happening all of the sudden. The game is pulsing every second to two seconds (see video). Ive seen it do this when im constructing pipes but never just while its in day to day operations. If anyone has any sugestions id apreciate it. For reffrence my computer is a r9 3900x water cooled typicaly hovering at 4.2ghz on turbo. 32gig of ram, rx 5700, hense why i think its a software thing not a hardware.

https://youtu.be/G3MaZfQ-ZSc

9 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Can you provide a save? Do you use mods? 

And i think it would be better placed in general discussion or suggestion&feedback. Not because its 100% wrong here, but to gain more awareness.

Yes, thats why i thought to post here,  Because i use mods. in the future ill go to general discussion, sorry. Here is the save. I had to use google drive because it was too big, i did attach my mods.json if that helps, let me know if theres anything else that might help. and thank you. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-YEAg-pzqoKUsnPLhZbxmwSBSDFuE7Lt

mods.json

I will make a test run with your save tomorrow. 

But a few mods in your list may be a problem:

High flow storage (i wonder its still running). The mod author was gone long before the last patch. It may be incompatible now.

No VSYNC may cause problems if your hardware wont like this

And Blueprints caused some problems with Ony mod manager. I dont know if they are solved.

If you dont want to wait, until i can take a look at your save, you may just disable those 3 mods just for testing.

The rest looks fine for me. I use some (not all) myself.

39 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

I will make a test run with your save tomorrow. 

But a few mods in your list may be a problem:

High flow storage (i wonder its still running). The mod author was gone long before the last patch. It may be incompatible now.

No VSYNC may cause problems if your hardware wont like this

And Blueprints caused some problems with Ony mod manager. I dont know if they are solved.

If you dont want to wait, until i can take a look at your save, you may just disable those 3 mods just for testing.

The rest looks fine for me. I use some (not all) myself.

ll try disabling the vsync. I had been running the blueprints with mod manager for a while but ill try disabling mod manager to see if that helps. (blueprints at this point is critical to me lol) as for high flow storage, there was a hot fix someone made thats in the comments on steam. (see below) after i put that in it worked and had been using it before this problem came to be.

Thank you again for your help!

MarB_SWX Mar 25 @ 6:07am 

@althor there is a hot-fix: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DJ_L_jhvj3zSMDTEDGZvj6__nkUHzn5f?usp=sharing

download the files and replace them, and you will be fine again.

Okay, i´ve took a look at your save, and i get stutter too. Not that much as you describe, but that can be related to different PCs. 

3 things i´ve seen may be the problems, maybe even in combination. 

1. the large pool on the right. Its known to cause performance problems when large amounts of liquids change temperature or mass.

2. the vast amount of liquid storage with throughflow.

3. your storage cluster.

I suggest to just delete one at the time, and check if it helps, just du find out, which one (or if all of them) causes your problems.

If so, you have to come up with an alternative solution for that, and you may be fine.

Thank you again so much :) i will try all of those

5 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Okay, i´ve took a look at your save, and i get stutter too. Not that much as you describe, but that can be related to different PCs. 

1. the large pool on the right. Its known to cause performance problems when large amounts of liquids change temperature or mass.

3. your storage cluster.

I suggest to just delete one at the time, and check if it helps, just du find out, which one (or if all of them) causes your problems.

If so, you have to come up with an alternative solution for that, and you may be fine.

9 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

3. your storage cluster.

Good news! deleting all the little storages that were in that point did solve the problem. Bad news, out of tag bits error showed back up when i did :( oh well, still i want to thank you for helping me learn a few things :)

Archived