Incubator Improvements

There are other buildings such as conveyor loaders that when disabled only disable their function and not deliveries to them. I guess it could be considered intended and a suggestion for changing it made (thanks for making this post), rather than my simply calling it a bug:

Lots of love Klei.

1 hour ago, yoakenashi said:

There are other buildings such as conveyor loaders that when disabled only disable their function and not deliveries to them.

Thanks for the reminder on that. I had intended to post a suggestion about that as well.

I prefer the 24/7 delivery mechanic as it is.  Mechanized airlocks can be used to block the auto-sweeper's line of sight, to toggle container loading.  Not as elegant as just shutting down the containers fully, but it actually gives you more design options to play with.

I fully agree to the auto-release of babies, though... but maybe it's a design decision that no automated system is dupe-free.

On 4/6/2020 at 3:21 PM, Toktorill said:

I prefer the 24/7 delivery mechanic as it is.  Mechanized airlocks can be used to block the auto-sweeper's line of sight, to toggle container loading.  Not as elegant as just shutting down the containers fully, but it actually gives you more design options to play with.

If people like the 24/7 delivery mechanic, then make it an option that you can select on the building to disable deliveries when the building is disabled. I personally don't like having to use extra materials to stop something from happening that you'd otherwise expect when the building is disabled as it is now.

Archived