Oil from slicksters?

in my most recent colony i ran into a problem.

image.thumb.png.4abc2480c889f1e9a9185a90111d956b.png

i guess i could dig down as long as i manage to dig in vacuum, but lava tends to burn dupes even in exosuits so rather hard to get to without any deaths.

this lead me to consider farming slicksters, now, how many slicksters would i need to farm to make 2 rockets fly constantly and what would be the best source of CO2? meteors?

also, a secondary question, is there any source of chlorine except a vent? i want bleach stone for farm, but atm i need to do a wild farm for those sweet burgers.

.... i just realized, no bleach stones = no baths for my dupes... NOOOOO!!!!!

If you can get a little bit of plastic (glossy dreckos?), you can run a steam turbine to start sucking heat out of all that lava.  It will take a long time, but as long as you are careful when setting it up it can work.  The advantage of this method is free power for hundreds of cycles :)

If you have arbor trees then ethanol production/power is your best source of CO2.  Otherwise I think coal generators are your best bet (but they don't produce much).

If you have a salt water geyser and some rust, then desalinating the water and then using the salt in the rust deoxidizer makes chlorine.  But once you run out of rust you're done and I don't know a renewable way to get rust.

2 hours ago, Xadhoom said:

in my most recent colony i ran into a problem.

image.thumb.png.4abc2480c889f1e9a9185a90111d956b.png

i guess i could dig down as long as i manage to dig in vacuum

If you pick the right spot you can use corner building to build a wall of insulated tiles on either side of a ladder, no vacuum needed.

Archived