dangerous sea base creature concept

Right now in the sea there gnarwhales, cookie cutters, a big bird and a small squid that can come onto your ship and yet the sea feels so empty and there’s no other land to fill it up or creature, so I brought it upon my self to make these concepts.

- cat fish

cat fish will appear sometimes when your fishing, during this time the cat fish will eat some of the fish leaving you with less, it can attack the player if the player catches the cat fish,

if you kill it

it will drop meat and fish meat

- hammer head shark

a more rare type of shark only appearing in winter, if you anger it then the hammer head will hop on to your boat and try to destroy the structures on the ship but It won’t one hit destroy it but will take its time, during this time you can deal damage to it till it won’t be able to move around the ship as fast as it was in the sea,

if you kill it

it will drop meat, teeth and some wood

- barnacles 

this isn’t exactly a enemy but it’s something to worry about, barnacles once grown on the raft will slow your ship down unless if you mine

you Will receive rock or seaweed 

- clam 

once in a while a clam will appear on the surface of the sea and if a player finds it two things might happen, as they approach the clam the mouth opens up to reveal a chest full of goodies or the clam opens up spitting rocks back at the players ship

If you kill it

it drops a chest full of valuable stuff

- piranha 

the piranha will appear in swarms and will act like normal fish until they are fought by the player then they attack, once in the players inventory the player will receive damage from the piranha and when they try to drop it then the other piranha will hop on the raft and I quote “ flop around on the deck and try to attack the player” and after some time they will retreat back to the sea and leave you alone unless if you killed them

if you kill it

they will drop fish meat

- kelp fish

Kelp fish will pretend to be normal seaweed but as the players raft gets close then the kelp fish grabs hold of the raft and then the kelp fish’s tendril like seaweed will attack the player like tentacles, but unlike the normal tentacles it will be easier to take down

if you kill it

the kelp fish will cower in the deep as it drops seaweed and some fish meat and then it will return in a different area after 3 days

that were my fish based enemy concepts, anyone want to give me feedback :D

Z.jpeg

I like most these idea’s but we don’t need Kelp Fish... when Kelpy already officially exists.

Think of him as sort of like: 

Spoiler

The mysterious plant, plucking it has a chance to be a glow berry Bush, or a chance to be the head of a horrifying Depth Worm!

Imagine if trying to pluck KELP did that.. hahaha poor poor little Wurt :( 

Spoiler
On 28/03/2020 at 9:34 PM, Mr0idealistic said:

- kelp fish

Kelp fish will pretend to be normal seaweed but as the players raft gets close then the kelp fish grabs hold of the raft and then the kelp fish’s tendril like seaweed will attack the player like tentacles, but unlike the normal tentacles it will be easier to take down

if you kill it

the kelp fish will cower in the deep as it drops seaweed and some fish meat and then it will return in a different area after 3 days

2a6a8c52289817.5baf9e4d7e0ad.jpg.0d9f53a38ad05945982a3363544358a9.jpg

https://www.behance.net/gallery/52289817/Dont-Starve-Shipwrecked-Concept-arts-and-Animation

Klei has many good ideas and I hope they make good use of them all.

Spoiler
On 28/03/2020 at 9:34 PM, Mr0idealistic said:

Z.jpeg

Got the idea?

Now I want barnacles and a Goatopus!

Archived