Wes Update Idea

Firstly Wes really look cute and original but I hate him. He is pretty uselles for team bc he have not a power to improve his team.
Wes is having problems about surviving, he is a challange character and he should be like THAT.

His health 113, his hunger 113 and his sanity is 113

SKILLS:
His skills must effect him negative but effect his team possitive. This would create trouble for him but be good for others.

1) Wes The Box:
image.png.c5c8e50c5401a2d6dbbf20875494685f.png
Wes can imagine he is in a box. He loss hunger fastly when he do this but all player around him gain sanity bc this is funny.

2) Wes The Lightning Rod:
image.png.c14dc9986ba99aaa04417b0d0af5df95.png
Wes have higher chance to struck by lightning, poor guy. But WX gain hunger when he near him while sturck.

3) Wes The Bullied:
image.png.174164bb18d65d8a9dc9c76c2e29c67e.png
Every hostille mob in game (even bosses) will try to attack Wes bc nobody likes him. He automaticly trigger hostille creatures. This will make him usefull as bait.

4) Wes The Bird:
image.png.245ab2572fa4d3a7e823ac6c2dab00fb.png
Wes have an umbrella. This umbrella work as normal umbrella but when he run while hold it for a moment, he will start to fly the way he runned. BUT he can randomly fall and take damage or stop himself and take a damage. Also he freak out from flying, he will lost sanity fastly.

5) Wes The Ballonmen:
image.png.8dbb90aaf88ae766fa87cfdfb846ca38.png
Wes can make ballons like he does now. All child characters (Webber, Wendy, Wortox, Wurt) gain sanity from being near to the ballons but he will lost sanity to create them. Ballon will explode after few days.

Hope you like my ideas. I would be happy to read yours.

I just want a Wes Rework to focus on making him as entertaining to play as Warly, Wormwood, Wendy, Willow, Winona, Woodie, Wurt & Wortox...

Those are the full list of characters who have been refreshed by Klei- They are the characters with the most unique, fun and interesting play styles, Everyone else has yet to see their Reworks yet.

Wes needs to be fun to play as and Unique, Just like all the others I Just listed.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just want a Wes Rework to focus on making him as entertaining to play as Warly, Wormwood, Wendy, Willow, Winona, Woodie, Wurt & Wortox...

Those are the full list of characters who have been refreshed by Klei- They are the characters with the most unique, fun and interesting play styles, Everyone else has yet to see their Reworks yet.

Wes needs to be fun to play as and Unique, Just like all the others I Just listed.

Yes, he must be funny but he must be hard to play too! And he need to be usefull to team. If you join as wes to the team you will probably get kicked in few seconds. He is a challange character and he must stay like that I think.

14 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Yes, he must be funny but he must be hard to play too! And he need to be usefull to team. If you join as wes to the team you will probably get kicked in few seconds. He is a challange character and he must stay like that I think.

Is he though???? I mean really.. IS Wes a Challenge Mode Character? 

Wortox doesn’t gain much hunger from Human food so he has to occasionally murder things and eat souls, But by using souls he drains his Sanity...

Wormwood can Plant food wherever he wants but it does absolutely nothing in the terms of healing him, so he needs poop, healing items or sleeping headquarters to restore his Health.

Warly has a serious food penalty and if you just constantly make the same food over and over again his hunger meter won’t fill back up (I Starve a lot playing as Warly because I Refuse to cheat and look on the internet for the answers to all his food dishes)

My Point is that the above Listed Characters are far more challenging then Wes ever dreamed of being.

Even a WURT joining a public server in Mid-Winter will have a harder time staying alive then a Wes will.

10 hours ago, Slagger said:

But these don't really sound fun or useful to begin with, you may need to change a lot of his stuff and give him some form of play style. A lot of these perks don't really make sense too light like Wes The Lightning Rod, why does it give him hunger?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Is he though???? I mean really.. IS Wes a Challenge Mode Character? 

Yes he is. We see, forums says and even his bio says it.

image.png.2c65c04ccca56dd720b5d3a0299b64cc.png

He can't talk and this is really big problem bc you not to notice you are hungry, hounds-bosses are coming or dusk-night time.
His hunger drain %25 faster.
His damage is %25 lesser.
His ballons is really uselles and I'm sure it's made for fun. He have so much neggative powers but 0 possitive power.
He is made for experienced characters and must be hard to play. The thing I talking about is making him still challenging but making him more usefull for team. He is nice character for Single player but curse for multiplayer. Also these I told is only my ideas. Klei ussualy giving better things to us.

1 hour ago, RogueGamer12 said:

The Lightning Rod

My idea wasn't making him electro man. He just have little higher chance get strucked when rainy days. He can avoid it with eyebrella. WX is a robot and electric would give him energy. Maybe it's would not give WX hunger, maybe it's would give speed bost for few minutes. Just ideas.

7 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Yes he is.

He has no upsides in any of the games, unlocking him is pain.

Except he’s unlocked without any extra requirements in doing so in DST, AND do keep in mind that any Wes Rework would still keep his low health, no audio cues, faster Hunger & sanity drain.

He would just be more useful and unique to a Team.

The dude has a pile of Balloons.. Why can’t he craft Water Balloons again?

Or a Giant Rubber Ducky float that would be a very weak version of the Boat Cookie that would likely pop the moment it took Damage?

If you want Wes to be Harder take away his ability to use a Spear and only give him that giant Wooden sign Pig kings Champion pigs use in his Mini-Game (the sign that smacks you into the floor on your butt)

Wes could craft those and they’ll break needing resources to build a new one every single time he used it.

Sounds hard yeah?

My POINT is that Wes can be Challenging to play as and still be made FUN and Unique..

A small quality of life change Wes can get that does absolutely NOTHING in Terms of helping him stay Alive would be able to pick up player created Signs and Hold them up to the screen so you (the Player) can Read Them, Without breaking the whole Wes is a Mime who can’t talk gimmick.

This would be a GOD SEND change for Wes..

And IF he got the Pig King Champions ONE Use only personal crafted Signs.. Then I would love it if he held it up every time he took Damage with words like Ouch! & Yowie! Written on It.

Aka- Wylie Coyote from Looney Tunes.

You want Wes to be hard and challenging, but you want him to be unique and interesting to play as at the same time.

Just look at all of Klei’s Artwork, Lore, Vignettes, profile icons and loading screens for Wes... That’s the Direction he needs to go in.

Umbrellas, Balloons that let him temporarily float over gaps of land

(which will pop and he crashes to the ground taking health damage and becomes stunned shaking the stars out from over his head) 

It would be useful for crossing gaps of water.. or as a means of quick escape from being surrounded by a mob- But keep in mind using them requires 12 Balloons to be crafted and a Rope- And you’ll lose Health and be temporarily stunned upon hitting the ground.

The ideas I just purposed effectively let’s Wes stand out and be Unique while doing absolutely Nothing in Terms of making him any easier to play.

IN FACT IF Wes could only use giant wooden one use signs you can even say he became HARDER to Play.

And that’s the point I’m trying to get across- Even if he is a Challenge Character he can still be made fun.

Archived