Rooms for Moral / Bonuses

Well, I don't know if there is already a topic with this suggestion, but it's a cool idea to make new morale / bonuses rooms for the base as:

- Kitchen: 1 of each: Electric Grill or Egg Cracker + Refrigerator + Gas Range. (Bonus to Cooking +2).

- Research Room: 1 of each: Research Station + Super Computer + Virtual Planetarium + Space Scanner + Telescope. (Bonus to Researching +2).

- Grand Hospital: 1 of each building: Relief Room (Outhouse or Lavatory) + Washer (Sink or Wash Basin or Hand Sanitizer) + Shower + Mess Table + 1 Medical Bin (Sick Bay or Triage Cot or Disease Clinic) + Apothecary. (Bonus for Stress Reduction or Faster Treatment)

Rooms Update:

These rooms could be better used, not only for display without effect, so maybe some suggestion for upgrade:

- Power Plant: 1 of each building: Jumbo or Smart Battery + Generator (Coal or Hydrogen or Wood Burner or Natural Gas or Petroleum or Solar or Steam Turbine) + Power Control Station. (10% Energy Generation or 10% Less Fuel Consumption).

- Farm Station: 5 Planted Crops (Mealwood or Muckroot or Bristle Blossom or Fungal Spore) in a Plantation Bin (Planter Box or Farm Tile or Hydroponic Farm) + Farm Station. (10% Growing Speed Upgrade).

New Item:

- Aquatic Turbine:

Description

Aquatic Turbine produces power when supplied with Water. It will operate until there’s a water source. It can be configured to be active only when the stored energy level in connected batteries drops below a set percentage. The generator can therefore generate 1.000 J of energy.

Aquatic Turbines are the least heat-efficient among continuous generators, producing 20 kDTU per 1.000 Watt.

Usage

Aquatic Turbine are a power source that must be automatically operated to produce electricity. It requires water to be pumped constantly into it in order to produce electricity (1kW).

Heat

It needs a input of 3 tons cool water (30º~50º) and after usage, outputs 3 tons of high heated water (250º), and generates a high kDTU/s (20 kDTU/s).

Technical Bio

Tecnology: Super Computer (Natural Generation / Natural Energy) (After Renewable Energy)

Dimension: 4w x 4h

Category: Power

Heat: +20kDTU

Overheat at: 500º

Decor: -25 (Radius 4 tiles)

Requires: Water (3 tons)

Effects: High Heated Water (250º)

Auto In: Green Enabled / Red Disabled

Materials: Metal Ore 1.000 Kg 

Grid Design

Energy
Output
  Automation
Wire

Water
Entrance
    Water
Exit

15 minutes ago, pether said:

How do you understand "+" symbol in your post? like OR or AND?
How should I read "/"?

+ is the symbol for AND

/ is the symbol for OR, except in the case of the Farm Station, in the set of crops. The other part of Plant Bin is one or other

Gonna edit the post for better comprehension.

Yup, morale is not needed right now. Rooms should provide other bonuses

But I like the idea of more rooms - in the end I'd like to have possibility to turn eveything in my base into a room, currently there is no option for that.

But I feel like @DaniloMorgan was too much specifid for some rooms. For example - I can see kitchen without musher and cracker and I don't feel you must have them to make a kitchen. However, once you made one and you wanted to have good spot for your egg cracker it will be the best option.

maybe change moral over all then? I constantly play on the hardest moral option and still find it as a non-issue at all.

The idea as a whole is good but some stuff may be unnecessary at the current state of the game. For example a wash station in a kitchen makes sense in our world but in ONI you should put it only in places that generate germs (like a bathroom). And having a microbmasher is a bit of a downside since you can really do without it, maybe instead of '+' have a microbmosher/grill/gas.

On 22/03/2020 at 10:57 PM, meepmoop said:

maybe change moral over all then? I constantly play on the hardest moral option and still find it as a non-issue at all.

The idea as a whole is good but some stuff may be unnecessary at the current state of the game. For example a wash station in a kitchen makes sense in our world but in ONI you should put it only in places that generate germs (like a bathroom). And having a microbmasher is a bit of a downside since you can really do without it, maybe instead of '+' have a microbmosher/grill/gas.

Yeah, I was thinking deeper into the game and remade all that stuff.

Other thing that I was thinking, was about the power generation / consumption of the game. It's a little hard to maintain the balance with generation / consume rates. Even think about a new Generator for the game, like a Water Turbine, where the player needs a tank with at least 3 ton of water, a liquid pump concted into it, to generate a good rate of energy, like the real life Hydroelectric Generators, and then outputs high heated water (250º), and generates a high kDTU/s (20 kDTU/s). So it will essencially need a Liquid Pump and Water Refrigeration System to function. Added it to the Post.

Archived