Griftlands Localization

JoeW

On 4/29/2021 at 7:11 PM, RageLeague said:

You can define your own plural rules in the po file and it will override the ConvertPlurality function.

What is ConvertPlurality function you're talking about? But I've found something else.

Polish translation is using custom name_declensions and plurality in its .lua file, but for some reason Russian doesn't.

Edited by RadRussianRus
Tested a bit more.

57 minutes ago, RadRussianRus said:

What is ConvertPlurality function you're talking about? But I've found something else.

Polish translation is using custom name_declensions and plurality in its .lua file, but for some reason Russian doesn't.

ConvertPlurality is just the in-game function for converting numbers into plurality.

I guess the translation is just incomplete, then.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:27 PM, DudDaDub said:

Please help me. How to add a font to the game?

It's very non-trivial. You need to generate bitmap font in BMFont, make it SDF, convert it to DDS and add a few bytes that TEX files have. And to actually use it, you'll probably need to make your own translation.

Edited by RadRussianRus

5 hours ago, RadRussianRus said:

It's very non-trivial. You need to generate bitmap font in BMFont, make it SDF, convert it to DDS and add a few bytes that TEX files have. And to actually use it, you'll probably need to make your own translation.

I'm creating a translation, but some characters are not supported by existing fonts. I'm stuck there. I don't know what the TEX is for and how both files work together.

5 hours ago, DudDaDub said:

I'm creating a translation, but some characters are not supported by existing fonts. I'm stuck there. I don't know what the TEX is for and how both files work together.

Font consists of two files: font.fnt (XML file generated by BMFont) and font0.tex. You can see the example in data.zip/fonts. If you trim bytes up to "DDS" characters in hex editor, you can use it as normal DDS. Likewise, you'll need these bytes for your DDS-converted font to work.