World hopping to avoid the Aporkalypse

Rellimarual

I’ve been playing a lot of Shipwrecked lately and would like to join that world to Hamlet without having to start during the Aporkalypse. Usually the day count is synced, but I noticed that when I started in Hamlet and went to SW, then world hopped in SW, the day count in the new SW world was set back to the start. Is there a way to use this to start in Hamlet at an early day count and still get back to my SW world?

I’m thinking: Take seaworthy to ROG with a prebuilt Shadow Manipulator and rush finding the silly string in ROG. Prebuild  but do not place a Skyworthy. Gather the teleportato pieces, then jump to a new ROG world (changing character if desired) and immediately place the Skyworthy and travel  to Hamlet, getting a Hamlet world on day one. Play Hamlet as per usual, working on getting a Skyworthy that will take me back to My existing SW world.

i’ve tried this using console commands, and it worked, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s actually tried it in game.

Honestly avoiding the Aporkalypse is quite difficult even when trying to reset the day count. My recommendation is either start every game in Hamlet to avoid this issue or use a telelocator staff. If you world hop into the Aporkalypse use the telelocator staff to quickly get to the island with the Aporkalypse clock. Make sure to bring some explosives and have decent armor and you can make it through rather easily. Still not a walk in the park but it’s better then nothing. 

This proved successful at getting me from a nearly 300-day SW world as Woodlegs to a Day One Hamlet world as Wormwood that I hope to link back to the SW world, although when I first spawned, the clock said Day 286 and the Aporkalypse was in effect. (Plus, I spawned with a balloon crash setpiece, which Wormwood never does.) A relog fixed it, fortunately. It remains to be seen what I’ll find when I go back to my SW world, though!

Archived