Make it possible for the Toadstool to spawn in the overworld

Hello, Klei

Don't Starve is probably one of my favorite games of all time, but there is one problem. My computer is not the best.

I like to play this game with my brother and uncle, but whenever I have more than 1 player playing at the same time with caves on, the game is so rubber-bandy and laggy that it is almost impossible to get work done at a fast rate or even attempt to fight an enemy, so I usually play without caves. I know you are probably either going to tell me to play by myself or to get a better computer, by playing by myself isn't nearly as fun as playing with someone else, and a new computer is a lot of money and doesn't seem worth it for a less-laggier game. It really is a shame because this monster is really cool in my opinion. You could just tell me to just use command and spawn it in, but that just doesn't feel the same. I tried to find a mod that does this, but there are none. If you are a experienced mod maker for this game and read this, could you please consider making this a mod if you have the time? I know Klei probably is just going to toss this aside, but I would really like to find the three shrooms spawn in a deciduous forest. If I had to change the game in any way, this would most likely be my #1 request. Please consider this Klei.

Thank you for your time.

I am extremely confused at this point.. how do you play this game without caves? I mean DS Without Caves is only like 40% of a game..

Without Caves you miss out on Toadstool, Ancient Guardian, Fuelweaver, Ancient P Science Station, The Ruins, Slurper, Slurtle, Rock Lobster, Bunnymen, Cave Earthquakes, Ancient Fissures, Cave Dwelling Spiders, Spitter Spider, Depthworms, Glowbulb, Splumonkey, Lightbulb, Etc etc etc...

So please I legitimately would like to ask how do Game worlds without all that stuff work? Do you just have the option to spawn all that stuff in above ground???

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

[snip]

Caves content is just gone, people who don't have powerful enough computers just cant access that content.

Some caves content is becoming accesible through the surface, for example skittersquids have a chance of dropping a lightbulb meaning you don't have to go to the caves for them.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am extremely confused at this point.. how do you play this game without caves? I mean DS Without Caves is only like 40% of a game..

Without Caves you miss out on Toadstool, Ancient Guardian, Fuelweaver, Ancient P Science Station, The Ruins, Slurper, Slurtle, Rock Lobster, Bunnymen, Cave Earthquakes, Ancient Fissures, Cave Dwelling Spiders, Spitter Spider, Depthworms, Glowbulb, Splumonkey, Lightbulb, Etc etc etc...

So please I legitimately would like to ask how do Game worlds without all that stuff work? Do you just have the option to spawn all that stuff in above ground???

There is no mod that I can find that does this, but I would love if someone could make one. I'm not for one for coding, either.

Archived