Smart- and Not-So-Smart Reservoirs

Currently we have jumbo battery with its rough graphic style and the smart battery - more clean, modern and polished one.

We also have storage bin that looks like it is patched from small scraps of metal and the smart one - with more profesional look and a shiny light

Now, with new pack, we will get smart functionality added to the liquid and gas Reservoirs. To make things consistant, we should have cheaper, not so smart versions of the reservoirs - patched from scrap and looking very primitive. I know that the graphics are already there, and I know that people love them and use special mods to have old look restored. This is prefect moment to include old style again since the new graphics can be justified for Smart Reservoirs and old ones - for cheaper, regular ones

What do you think?

I really like the idea of reservoirs and make lots of them so I mostly like the idea, but have a concern.

Using the smart battery analogy - I do not like the fact the smart battery, which uses refined metal instead of metal ore, and is a more advanced technology, holds less energy in the same space.  Yes, it leaks a bit less but this is not a huge benefit.  I think that the smart battery should have the same storage, or better yet, a bit better storage.like 50kJ.  The ability to send out a signal when the battery is full/empty is not something that should effectively take half the capacity of a battery, when the battery is the size of two dupes (2x2).

If they made improved liquid/gas reservoirs a separate thing, they should be made of refined metal, and hold at least the same, if not more, stuff.  For a liquid reservoir, probably same capacity, for gas reservoir, it should store more at higher pressure.

I'd like to see versions made of refined metal because it seems like I find metal volcanoes a lot but ore is a finite resource until you go to space, so I've had games where I had tons of refined metal and run out of ore.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:20 PM, pether said:

Currently we have jumbo battery with its rough graphic style and the smart battery - more clean, modern and polished one.

We also have storage bin that looks like it is patched from small scraps of metal and the smart one - with more profesional look and a shiny light

Now, with new pack, we will get smart functionality added to the liquid and gas Reservoirs. To make things consistant, we should have cheaper, not so smart versions of the reservoirs - patched from scrap and looking very primitive. I know that the graphics are already there, and I know that people love them and use special mods to have old look restored. This is prefect moment to include old style again since the new graphics can be justified for Smart Reservoirs and old ones - for cheaper, regular ones

What do you think?

am i the only one concerned about the fact that a smart storge bin, wich only job is to display a green light consumes as much power as a fridge? smart containers should draw at most 10W wich is what a light bulb consumes.

Archived