Duplicant Navigation Problems

I just bought the game and I am on cycle 52 of my first game.

When I click the 'show navigation' under a duplicants profile it will display a thin white path line of where this duplicant can go. I can't figure out how to adjust this and/or edit this line? My problem is that I have 2 duplicants who can run all over the place and have many accessible areas, but like 6 of my duplicants can only go to 2 or 3 areas and only work stuff or do stuff in those areas. It is very frustrating. When I try to move any of these 6 duplicants to an area that should be easily accessible (an area that the other 2 duplicants have no problem running around in) I get the red cross hairs saying it is an unreachable area. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Caralel said:

I just bought the game and I am on cycle 52 of my first game.

When I click the 'show navigation' under a duplicants profile it will display a thin white path line of where this duplicant can go. I can't figure out how to adjust this and/or edit this line? My problem is that I have 2 duplicants who can run all over the place and have many accessible areas, but like 6 of my duplicants can only go to 2 or 3 areas and only work stuff or do stuff in those areas. It is very frustrating. When I try to move any of these 6 duplicants to an area that should be easily accessible (an area that the other 2 duplicants have no problem running around in) I get the red cross hairs saying it is an unreachable area. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Something is preventing the dupes from being able to navigate to these areas.  Here are some things to check:

1. Doors.  Doors have a permissions list.  If the dupe is not allowed through the door, they won't go that way.
  2. Breathable atmosphere.  Some dupes are better at holding their breath than others.  Dupes won't go further into unbreathable atmosphere than they can reasonably be expected to get back.  This means they won't perform a job that is more than about a quarter of the distance they can run on one breath.
  3. Some dupes are slower than others, meaning that even if they have the same breath-holding capabilities, one dupe won't go as far as another dupe.  This is especially obvious in cases where a dupe has to go through a liquid deep enough that they become submerged.  If you've got lots of jobs where dupes can't breathe, try building atmo suits and docks.

Hi there, thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions! I have checked over these points and I am still at a loss. I thought maybe it had something to do with door permissions, but all of my doors are set the same for everyone, giving access both left and right whenever they need it. I don't see my spacing in tiles being an issue, nor the oxygen, because this is within my base area where the oxygen is 'somewhat' *cough* good, and the problem areas are only a few tiles away from the printing pod and their beds so distance shouldn't be an issue either.

I will attach screenshots! Please keep in mind I am brand new and this is my very first game so things are very messy LOL. I am just trying to understand the basics and get the gist of things, so there was not much strategy in where my machines were placed or structure.

In one screenshot you can see the path of a duplicant can pretty much go everywhere, and in the other screenshot the path of the other duplicant is very small and minimal.

Thank you!

DKQmmn6

oxynotincluded.png

oxynotincluded2.png

The Dupes can't get out of this bottom left area, they are trapped there. Dig the 2 sandstone blocks right of them, so they can reach the ladder in the middle, or destroy the middle Algae Farm (between Microbe Musher and Wheel) and build the ladder on the left to the bottom (they can't jump 2 tiles high to a ladder, as there is no floor at the bottom of it, and they can't pass 1-block high areas).

Archived