I am not sure that this does not contradict game logic, but often you want to have analog sensors in the game. We could use one temperature sensor or one smart battery with analog output and many signal converters. This would allow for less conflicting information than from multiple sensors.

Sorry for my english. This is automatic translate.

Analog sensors wouldn`t work for automation. It`s a 0/1 signal. We would need analog control wires and analog settings for buildings controlled by them.

But i undertand what you want. Basically different states on the sensor so you don`t need multiple ones. I can imagine an automation ribbon attached to a sensor and it having 4 different states at 4 different temperatures. That`s the closest we would get with the curent system i think.

@Sasza22 adding analog ports to buildings can be a problem. This conflicts with existing logic. But analog sensors width analog to digital converters could be very interesting. ADC, DAC, summators, mmm ...

Sensors with multiple values, connected by ribbon is interesting too.

@Sasza22 If the sensor understood, depending on the connected cable, in what mode should it work (single, x4 or analog)?

@pether, gas, temperature and pressure sensors? I want to use one, and interpret its meanings differently.

You can use automated power switches connected to eg. temperature sensors to turn on/off some electric equipment, like lightbulb. Power usage on this line will change and you can use watt sensors to read the value. This way you can use power wire as an analog signal

It is not perfect, nor compact, but it can be done

42 minutes ago, Alexander Block said:

If the sensor understood, depending on the connected cable, in what mode should it work (single, x4 or analog)?

If the sensor could send signals based on 4 different thresholds a ribbon wire would work without much changes to the system. You could use it to control 4 different machines like separate aquatuners based on the temperature.

An analog cable in this scenario would need converters which would enable it to control more machines at a time but it would need changes to how sensors work (analog output) a new cable type and the converter. The ribbon is simplier and achieves mostly the same.

Archived