Mechanized Airlock as air pump

I have been using the following (exploit) set up as an infinite pressure air pump; but just now the game updated, and I found that this set up doesn't function like before.

Xnip2020-02-18_22-20-32.thumb.jpg.add5686631952b18d9b7d5fa8bff288e.jpg

Is this exploit now fixed?

Note: the screen shot shows the period setting for each buffer/filter gate, which repeatedly sets the doors | | | --> I O O --> | O | --> OO | --> O | | --> | | |, allowing (used to) air to flow from right to left.

A save would be helpful.  Assessing the automation without being able to run and look at the gate settings is hard.

(If you don't know, your saves are in Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded in Windows.  Except you are playing on a Mac, so its probably in an equivalent place.)

I do know door pumps still work, so maybe there is something wrong with your timings? 

But I think the bead pump is a better infinite compression tool anyway.

EDIT:  Sorry, I didn't see the timing on my phone's screen.

A while ago, they made doors close slower when unpowered.  You will need to increase the time on the gates or plug in the doors.

5 hours ago, airoswell said:

I have been using the following (exploit) set up as an infinite pressure air pump; but just now the game updated, and I found that this set up doesn't function like before.

Xnip2020-02-18_22-20-32.thumb.jpg.add5686631952b18d9b7d5fa8bff288e.jpg

Is this exploit now fixed?

Note: the screen shot shows the period setting for each buffer/filter gate, which repeatedly sets the doors | | | --> I O O --> | O | --> OO | --> O | | --> | | |, allowing (used to) air to flow from right to left.

Unrelated but you can make the automation simpler by using a weight plate to detect when the last door is closed or open.

7 hours ago, Mujinzo said:

can you post a ss of the build? cant quite see it behind the automation.it looks like your airlocks arent closed off at the top.

You are right indeed, now I seal off the top and it works now. I was focusing on the automation too much and didn't notice this. Thanks!

7 hours ago, BT_20 said:

Unrelated but you can make the automation simpler by using a weight plate to detect when the last door is closed or open.

Thanks for the nice tip!

7 hours ago, Zarquan said:

A save would be helpful.  Assessing the automation without being able to run and look at the gate settings is hard.

(If you don't know, your saves are in Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded in Windows.  Except you are playing on a Mac, so its probably in an equivalent place.)

I do know door pumps still work, so maybe there is something wrong with your timings? 

But I think the bead pump is a better infinite compression tool anyway.

EDIT:  Sorry, I didn't see the timing on my phone's screen.

A while ago, they made doors close slower when unpowered.  You will need to increase the time on the gates or plug in the doors.

7 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

I just built and ran this in debug.  Seems to work fine when the doors are powered, but the timing is off if they are unpowered.

I also don't see how this is an exploit, but whatever.

Thanks, it turned out the unsealed off top was the reason. 

Archived