Hammering deer antlers for bone shards

Klaus can only be fought once a year and you only need 1 antler to start the fight. Since at least 6-no-eyed-deer herd will spawn during autumn and each one will drop an antler if it collides with a tree, you can get 5 antlers surplus after each winter and they also don't stack. Why not let those be turnable into bone shards if you have too many antlers (like snake bones in Hamlet can be hammered to get bone shards). Antlers seem to be large enough to provide 4 bone shards after being hammered.

(This will most likely never become a thing though)

26 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

Klaus can only be fought once a year and you only need 1 antler to start the fight. Since at least 6-no-eyed-deer herd will spawn during autumn and each one will drop an antler if it collides with a tree, you can get 5 antlers surplus after each winter and they also don't stack. Why not let those be turnable into bone shards if you have too many antlers (like snake bones in Hamlet can be hammered to get bone shards). Antlers seem to be large enough to provide 4 bone shards after being hammered.

(This will most likely never become a thing though)

Once you defeat Klaus, just use the remaining antlers on the loot stash to get more Bone Shards. Or use them before the fight to get Bone Shards, Red Gems, and Blue Gems. I don't see any reason to implement that feature.

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

Once you defeat Klaus, just use the remaining antlers on the loot stash to get more Bone Shards. Or use them before the fight to get Bone Shards, Red Gems, and Blue Gems. I don't see any reason to implement that feature.

1 bone shard per antler doesn't seem like a fair trade-off, it's feels like wasting. Also, inserting antler is useful by starting a boss fight so it kinda makes up for spending it without good loot, while hammering will make it no longer usable for starting boss fights and should give better loot in exchange.

I'm part way through a massive road construction project in our current world, we finally beat MiseryToad and Toadstool and we got ahold of the Napsack and Mushlight Blueprints. I plan to have a Mushlight at every sinkhole, every wormhole, and every intersection. This isn't taking into account Mushlights at base and where ever else we end up placing them.

Anyway, I am becoming concerned about my Boneshard supply as the projects size continues to grow as I progress, and i'd like a way to increase the obtainability of Shards. We didn't get a great role on bones in the desert, and we've about cleared the Lunar Isles of skeletons. There are still a couple skeletons spread throughout the world, and I feel like i'm forgetting a few ways to obtain shards (hammering Hound Mounds and Tumbleweeds?), but i'm currently at 9 Shards, and the Mushlight phase of the project is maybe 10% complete (i've placed 5 or 6 so far).

In short, I like this idea. I don't see the harm in making shards a bit more obtainable/renewable than they currently are.

On 14/02/2020 at 1:50 PM, WoodieMain45684 said:

I believe hammering rotten fish also gives you bones, to me this is even more efficient than the no-eyed-deer. If you are playing warly, this is an incredible way to stock up bone shards (which never spoil) for his bone boullion recipe. In fact, he gets enough he could probably feed considerably more than himself at that point the onion is the only thing you gotta worry about when mass producing it.

7 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

snip

Archived