Wardite: new rock lobster character concept

Just a post for fun, I like coming up with ideas and this seems like the place to post them! I'm gonna put some base stats and ideas for his abilities

• Base stats of 300 Health, 100 Sanity, and 150 Hunger, with a 1-5% movement speed reduction
  • List of edible minerals at bottom of post
  • Since he is a rock lobster, he can build their dens for 25 rocks, 5 gold, and 1 green gem (for balance reasons, rock lobsters immediately with a red or blue gem would be overpowered)
  • Lobster caves can have up to 2 lobsters at a time spawn, and they take 3 days in fall, 4 days in summer, 5 days in winter, and 6 days in spring to respawn if they die
  • Lobster caves can be planted on any cave turf or rocky turfs
  • He loses less sanity when in caves
  • Rocks: +1 health +5 hunger -1 sanity
  • Flint: +1 health +1 hunger -1 sanity
  • Gold: +0 health -5 hunger +5 sanity
  • Red Gem: +10 health +0 hunger -3 sanity, heats up by 30 degrees for 4 minutes
  • Blue Gem: +10 health +0 hunger -3 sanity, cools down by 30 degrees for 4 minutes
  • Purple Gem: +13 health +0 hunger -15 sanity
  • Orange Gem: +15 health +17 hunger -2 sanity, removes movement penalty for 1 minute
  • Yellow Gem: +17 health +16 hunger +3 sanity, adds an illumination effect equal to the glow berry mousse for 2 minutes
  • Green Gem: +17 health +15 hunger -7 sanity, decreases crafting and building speed by 25% for 1 minute
  • Iridescent Gem: +30 health +30 hunger -50 sanity, adds an illumination effect equal to WX-78's overdrive light source for 2 minutes

That is all! I hope you guys like this character, as he is a neat idea that me and my friend were talking about, and we both really like him!

On 15/02/2020 at 4:52 PM, DrWoaFynn said:

Snip

Hi.

I loved your character suggestion, if you don't mind I would like to add 2 things.

1st. He can hide, turning into a stone. With a click of the right mouse button.

2st. Wardite is a walking thermal stone.
It can get very hot, and look yellowish to hot or reddish to very hot.

It can get very cold, and look bluish for cold or pale for very cold.

He can wear warm clothing to prevent acclimatization.

Whenever he goes from one extreme temperature to another he loses 12.5% of his life.

I really enjoy the characters who can start their own personal mob civilization in the game.

Webber with Spiders.

Wurt with Merms.

But I feel like more could be done in this area..

Wendy with Ghosts.

Wilbur with Splumonkey.

Wilba with Werepigs.

And THIS type of Character with Rock Lobsters.

There are only two other mobs that can receive this Personal Civilization style of gameplay.. and that’s Bunnymen & Catcoon. 

Archived