How I can make a dedicated server?

I need advice on how to create, (or whether I can create) a dedicated server. Because I have a steam group and I would like to create some server that will be on all the time.   

Thank you in advance. :)

1 hour ago, Fi7iP said:

I have a problem in the manual is described that I have to go to \\ Documents \ Klei \ StartDSTServers.bat but I do not see the StartDSTServers.bat folder in the Klei folder. Otherwise everything works well :)

5e3820fbe12f3_Screenshotfrom2020-02-0308-32-21.thumb.png.a6de534cfca39599e49975111ef35387.png

The guide says that you have to create the file yourself and put the text provided in it. You can copy it into notepad and save it as a .bat file.

4 hours ago, Fi7iP said:

I have a problem in the manual is described that I have to go to \\ Documents \ Klei \ StartDSTServers.bat but I do not see the StartDSTServers.bat folder in the Klei folder. Otherwise everything works well

3 hours ago, Fi7iP said:

@ElectroelySo I have a well-functioning text document in the Klei folder, but as soon as I turn it on it writes me this: Windows cannot find the dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer entry.

I'm just doing a guess work based on what I read on the first quote. The StartDSTServers.bat isn't a folder, it is the text file that you name with the .bat extension.

Edit: So, in the Klei folder you make a text file and save as StartDSTServers.bat, if you already did that then I don't know what might have caused the problem.

Edit2: Actually nevermind, you said you did exactly that already on the second quote.

Edit3: What is in the folder Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/MyDediServer ?

_____

Also a mod will probably move this sooner or later to the right category.

1 hour ago, Sweaper said:

What is in the folder Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/MyDediServer

5e3861c67c583_Beznzvu.png.04e8fa0da7bfb9d55b31b49844acd612.png

1 hour ago, Sweaper said:

I'm just doing a guess work based on what I read on the first quote. The StartDSTServers.bat isn't a folder, it is the text file that you name with the .bat extension.

Edit: So, in the Klei folder you make a text file and save as StartDSTServers.bat, if you already did that then I don't know what might have caused the problem.

Yes, I've already made a working StartDSTServers.bat.

10 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Did you create a steamcmd folder in C: and put the steamcmd.exe file inside that folder? Then try installing the steamcmd.exe in case you didn't.

I have downloaded the SteamCMD Zip folder. From the Zip folder, I chose Normal Folder, which I placed in my created folder, which I named the same. Could you explain what component C: is? Maybe it is the origin of this problem. Thank you very much for your help :)

Just now, Fi7iP said:

I have downloaded the SteamCMD Zip folder. From the Zip folder, I chose Normal Folder, which I placed in my created folder, which I named the same. Could you explain what component C: is? Maybe it is the origin of this problem. Thank you very much for your help :)

It will look something like this in the side panel of a folder.

Untitled.png

Archived