As someone whos longest-running world has just me on it, Can we get a way to use the Lazy Deserter without two people, Just with some more work and cost to set up.

The best way I can think of is with something like socketing Desert Stones and the Lazy Deserter, with the gems like we do with moon rocks.

*You could link two Lazy Deserters like a wormhole but with a lot more sanity drain. (you could never socket three Lazy Deserters with the same gem at the same time in one world)

*Or you could socket one Lazy Deserter and a Desert Stone and teleport back to base at the cost of the Desert Stone+gem(the Desert Stone would not work if its socketed gem had two Lazy Deserters)

Each gem would be its own "Channel", which would max you out at seven links(Red, Gem, Blue, Purple, Orange, Yellow, Green, and Iridescent), most of which are late-game gems that you want to spend on other things than traveling.

I think this would be a good way to make the Lazy Deserter useful for the times when we are alone and can be helpful for large groups and bases.

edit-spelling 

18 hours ago, ekul_XF35 said:

You could link two Lazy Deserters like a wormhole but with a lot more sanity drain.

You can achieve something similar to this with Telelocator Staves and Telelocator Foci. If you stand in the center of a Telelocator Focus and Telelocate yourself, you'll be teleported to the second-nearest Focus (not the one underneath you), making it like it's a wormhole at the cost of purple gems & sanity. 

Its not as much as what you're suggesting, but it is something. Hopefully that helps :D

As a long time solo player I've wanted some type of rework to the lazy deserter since the boss is one of the few mandatory bosses in the game.  If the Bee Queen only offered a reward that was good for multiplayer then I would just never fight the bee queen, but that isn't the case with antlion.  Being forced to deal with the antlion I hope they will rework the reward into something every player could fine useful.

That said - a good use someone pointed out to me recently was that you can put the lazy deserter on the lunar island as a free sanity bomb to make the island life more convenient.  It can also be used just in general to bomb your sanity.  Nothing drops your sanity as fast as multiple activations of the lazy deserter.  Its the first time I've build the thing since it first came out, but now I'm building it every game.  So at least it can do something, and something is better than nothing...

Archived