Sieve literally refuse to work.

Well, yeah. There is no sand in the sieve, so it doesn't work. I don't think the notifications work like that. It's either a construction or a recipe lacking material that gets the game-wide notification, running out of resources in an autonomous machine just gets a local popup. 

Without seeing the rest of your base, your set up seems a bit excessive. It doesn't look like you have enough throughput to need that many sieves.

If you placed a storage bin set for sand or regolith between two of them and left a row of tiles open above them, you could put in a sweeper arm that would automatically keep both of them topped up.

3 hours ago, Ixenzo said:

Well, yeah. There is no sand in the sieve, so it doesn't work. I don't think the notifications work like that. It's either a construction or a recipe lacking material that gets the game-wide notification, running out of resources in an autonomous machine just gets a local popup. 

That's the thing, when it requires sand it says awaiting filtration medium, that didn't pop up either

2 hours ago, Mojo Filter said:

Without seeing the rest of your base, your set up seems a bit excessive. It doesn't look like you have enough throughput to need that many sieves.

If you placed a storage bin set for sand or regolith between two of them and left a row of tiles open above them, you could put in a sweeper arm that would automatically keep both of them topped up.

It's excessive ish for now. I'm running a little tight on water, I'm using a little over 2 continuous full pipes constantly, I'm hoping to get my clean water output up to 3 continuous full pipes so that I can build up a bit of a buffer. My setup is (going to be) excessive in the sense that I'm producing more clean cool water than I need, but it's to offset any Increase in demand in the future

21 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

@Lilscratchy You seem to have t-junctions and lots of bridges, maybe that affects it somehow? It should work otherwise, and it doesn't say it's turned off by automation either.

I would agree to that. You can have multiple greens from all sides going to one white, or multiple whites on all sides being fed by one green. If you have multiple whites and multiple greens on all sides of your junction, it will get confused and the middle just runs dry. Seems to be true for your setup

6 hours ago, Ixenzo said:

@Lilscratchy You seem to have t-junctions and lots of bridges, maybe that affects it somehow? It should work otherwise, and it doesn't say it's turned off by automation either.

Hmm could be, I mean I tried to fit overflows and stuff into a small space so the piping can get wonky. 

However I did manage to automate the delivery of filtration medium to the sieves. Which my dupes refused for some reason, all the while I had 10 dupes idling. I'm still not sure what it was, but it's been fixed. Getting 3 full pipes of clean water continuously now, thanks guys! :)

3 hours ago, Lilscratchy said:

However I did manage to automate the delivery of filtration medium to the sieves. Which my dupes refused for some reason, all the while I had 10 dupes idling. I'm still not sure what it was, but it's been fixed. Getting 3 full pipes of clean water continuously now, thanks guys! :)

Glad to hear the automation worked for you.

Might check your dupe priorities to make sure you have someone doing supply and/or life support. The messaging suggest the water sieve falls under both.

On 12-1-2020 at 5:48 AM, Mojo Filter said:

Glad to hear the automation worked for you.

Might check your dupe priorities to make sure you have someone doing supply and/or life support. The messaging suggest the water sieve falls under both.

I actually did just that, I have 20 dupes so I basically assigned groups of 5 dupes 2 or 3 high priority tasks while putting everything else on average. Now I have 5 with high priority for farming/ranching. 5 for digging/building. 5 for supplying/life support and tidying. 

And 5 on cooking research and operating. Works like a charm now

Archived