Inventory images in modding

I'm trying to port the DST Extra Adorable Lavae to DS , but besides the tens of thousands of bugs that came with it , turns out idk how textures and all that crap works. How can i add the inventory images? The prefabs look like empty slots  and idk how to fix it , help. 

We have no way of knowing what's wrong without the files. A million things can go wrong when porting between the games, and if you're new to modding, it's a very daunting task.

Please attach a zip of your mod to a reply here, along with a description of your modding experience, so we know on what level we need to be helping :)

i never made a mod in my entire life , this is my first one . i renamed it to workshop-random numbers so the game wouldn't have a seizure loading the mod . also , for some reason , the forums won't let me upload the mod , so i put it on drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17mGwgHhWY6RHSqs258TYvIEbi2RVHqtg

before you ask , them modinfo says "by asura" because they helped me fix my modmain  , originally it was 10 times less fancier

44 minutes ago, Nubidubi23 said:

the forums won't let me upload the mod , so i put it on drive

Did you zip the mod files before trying to attach them to the post? You can't attach a folder structure to a post.

45 minutes ago, Nubidubi23 said:

I renamed it to workshop-random numbers so the game wouldn't have a seizure loading the mod

That's not good. Some other mod might be named that. That's the workshop ID. While developing your mod, just name the folder the name of the mod, e.g. "My Character Name".

47 minutes ago, Nubidubi23 said:

i never made a mod in my entire life , this is my first one

You should definitely go through the newcomer post if you want to keep going. It'll give you a huge headstart on DS/DST modding in general.

Here's an example of a DS item prefab Lua file (from another post on the forum) which includes the inventoryitem images for the prefab. Search the file for the string: inventoryimages

wand.lua

2 hours ago, Nubidubi23 said:

about the inv image thingy , what do i do :(

4 hours ago, Ultroman said:

Here's an example of a DS item prefab Lua file (from another post on the forum) which includes the inventoryitem images for the prefab. Search the file for the string: inventoryimages

wand.lua

5e1a85444bf9a_2020-01-1203_31_52-inventoryimages-GoogleDrive.thumb.png.235198e043f9dfbb3d26b86ac8fb5019.png

You just need to reference your inventory images for the different prefabs using the relative path to your inventoryimages in that folder. The path is relative to the root mod folder, so 

Asset("ATLAS", "images/inventoryimages/inventoryimages.xml"),
Asset("IMAGE", "images/inventoryimages/inventoryimages.tex"),

and

inst.components.inventoryitem.atlasname = "images/inventoryimages/inventoryimages.xml"

for one of the prefabs, and so on. I don't know which inventory image matches which prefab. You'll have to test them out.

That said, I would probably rename those inventoryimages files to match which prefab they belong to xD

Archived