Baby's First Rocket

2 hours ago, NurdRage said:

Congrats!

This place can be a bit toxic to first timers. So let me get in before them and say your off to a great start!

How are you generating your steam? straight up aquatuner? or something else?

i dumped my exess water into a hot obsidian room and it boiled. now i have several thousands of KG of steam.

Also i havent seen much toxicity... and i fail to see why anyone would be toxic on a single player game's forums. Especially one that is as goofy and cute as ONI 

1 hour ago, auron471 said:

i dumped my exess water into a hot obsidian room and it boiled. now i have several thousands of KG of steam.

Also i havent seen much toxicity... and i fail to see why anyone would be toxic on a single player game's forums. Especially one that is as goofy and cute as ONI 

Ah cool, Is the obsidian at the bottom of the map in the magma biome? if so it must be one long trip pumping it up. 

Not everything is toxic, but it's there, i almost rage quit after a particularly bad spat. Just got to focus on the good stuff. 

5 minutes ago, NurdRage said:

Ah cool, Is the obsidian at the bottom of the map in the magma biome? if so it must be one long trip pumping it up. 

Not everything is toxic, but it's there, i almost rage quit after a particularly bad spat. Just got to focus on the good stuff. 

no, i have "Volcanoes" as a modifier, so there was a bunch of super heated obsidian at the top of the map, right next to the rocket actually.

Nice! I might try that. (so far i've been playing relatively cold worlds)

A cool option i've tried (if you don't have volcanoes) is to build a metal tile box in space and let regolith fall on it. It's already hot and will heat the box. If you pump water in the water will turn to steam. 

Any particular resource you want to get first? niobum, fullerene, isoresin?

Good luck!

On 12/31/2019 at 3:40 AM, NurdRage said:

One of important thing to remember, is multilingual of community.

Your words, literally translated to another language by Google may sound harsh, opponent response literally translated to English my be even worse, and we have two good persons offended by one another just by translation mistakes

Archived