[Mod Request] No corpses

I rather not explain why, but I would really appreciate it, if someone could create a mod which makes the corpses disappear if there isn't any available tombstones. If that's too difficult I would be happy with one which just removes the corpses as soon as someone dies.

There is/was a black hole "storage" mod. I dont know if its still up to date. If you set this one to corpses, your dupes will get rid of them. The unit will destroy everything put into. Maybe this could be a solution for your wish. That is, if the unit accept corpses... If not, feel free to ask the modder.

Reading the code for ApplyDeath right now. Pretty funny. The dupe never gets replaced by a corpse in the first place. He works on CHORES.IS_DEAD_TASK and is stuck in that job. Apparently the dupe just plays dead forever.

I guess it's that way, so the statistics are still valid. Would cause some errors, if one consumer and all entries would suddenly disappear. If that part isn't relevant, it should be pretty simple to just delete the dupe instead of him playing the death animation.

On 1/8/2020 at 7:54 PM, Candide said:

Done. You can subscribe the mod here. Remember to enable it after download (must have a check mark in the box).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196354530

NoRemains.dll

Sorry that it took so long to get back to you, but I want to say thanks so much.

But I have noticed one issue when I tried to go back to a save that already had a few dead Dupes in it and it crashes the game. I'm not sure if you can see it in the ouput log, but the only mod I have enabled is No Remains.

output_log.txt

Oh I see. I didn't test this. I assume it crashes because I try to delete something while it's still loading the save. Not sure yet how to fix this... Anyone aware of a variable that let's me know if the game is in loading state? I guess I could instead check that the game is not paused (as it is paused during loading and dupes can't die while time is frozen).

Mh... going to need some time before coming up for a good fix.

Archived