What way do I fish the most efficient

I just started fishing and I found it to work that when the fish is hooked I start reeling quickly when he’s tried and when he swims in the opposite direction , I reel slowly. Is that the right way to do it? Because sometimes it still gets away. Also when I catch the same species multiple time and weight each of them will the unweighted fish always be heavier then the last one?

11 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

I just started fishing and I found it to work that when the fish is hooked I start reeling quickly when he’s tried and when he swims in the opposite direction , I reel slowly. Is that the right way to do it? Because sometimes it still gets away. Also when I catch the same species multiple time and weight each of them will the unweighted fish always be heavier then the last one?

If it fights back give it slack, othwrwise hammer that action button like there us no tomorrow.

Im not sure about the weighting thing but I thinks its more randomization so that the mechanic isn't just repeatedly catching the same fish over and over to get a better result.

I tired fishing with two ppl.  One person would sail the boat in the direction the fish was.  It took so practice but we got lots of fish and only a few broken lines.  We also killed the whale 3 times.  Our boat had 3 sails and we had down 2 anchors so the slowly dragged the anchors.  Hope this helps.

Archived