A suggestion ?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and I played the game Don't Starve for a while... through the days I though about some stuffs that could possible make the game better...

It's about the save game in general, There are sometimes that you receive a phone call or you have to do something urgent or worse, get a powercut and all the time you spend on working throughout the survival is gone in vain...

I think it would be nice if you guys could add a save game as where you left from the last time... like a mini-save or something...

I would also like to speak about something else, you know that pig village on the map ? I am sure you do, well near that King Pig there's that hut down near him... Sometimes when you give him meat, he drops gold nuggets but you can't pick them up as they fall behind the hut, if you could make the objects transparent as you go behind them it would be great...

Well I just wanted to say these are just my opinions but if you guys could take interest in them it would be great...

Thanks for your time.

When you receive a phone call, you can pause the game with ESC. A day in Don't Starve isn't longer than 8 min., so if you have a powercut, you lost only a couple of minutes, not a big issue imho.

The map is random, so the pig village and location is always a little different. When you can't reach an item, you should rotate the map with the arrow keys.

When you receive a phone call, you can pause the game with ESC. A day in Don't Starve isn't longer than 8 min., so if you have a powercut, you lost only a couple of minutes, not a big issue imho.

The map is random, so the pig village and location is always a little different. When you can't reach an item, you should rotate the map with the arrow keys.

Oh ok, thanks, I didn't know about the rotation. The pig village is always at the same location for me, it doesn't change...

Well if you reach 50 days that's like 400 mins or 6 and 40 mins... which differs greatly when you start from 0...

the game saves every time the night starts and ends, so even when you played 400 days and got a power cut, you should only lose the day you had the power cut, leaving you still on 399 days, so you still lose only a cupple of minutes, not the whole game.

if you actually lose all your progress, then you have some weird bug, since that is not how the game works.

The pig village is always at the same location for me, it doesn't change...

The game also pauses while you are viewing your map. In fact, that where I usually pause it. As for the pig village always being in the same spot, you may want to randomize your map between games (i.e. after you die) by clicking the "Make New World" button on the main menu screen. Otherwise you will replay the same map each time.

Oh I understand now, thank you everyone for making it clear to me, now that I am thinking of it, I used to play the game on Google Chrome, but everytime I start a new game I just start from 0 and I never get a loading screen saying it's generating new map and stuff like that. Also every new game I start from 0, I guess that gotta be a bug :S

Thanks again.