How To Deal With Woodie's Random Transformations on Full Moon

I was playing Woodie the other day and abusing his goose form; I just so happened to have eaten my goose idol about a minute before the full moon came up, and instead of being randomly force-transformed, I just got my weremeter replenished. Basically, I got all the benefits of a full moon without the con of randomization. I tested this with other forms to see if maybe I just happened to have gotten a lucky roll on goose, but every time, the only thing that happened is my weremeter going back up.

I looked around to see if anyone discovered this, and to my surprise, I couldn't find anything. I couldn't find any source mentioning this mechanic at all, not even on the Wiki; so apparently, not many - if any - Woodie players are exploiting the full moon. I hope this helps any Woodie mains out there who "tolerate" the full moon instead of using it to their advantage.

Also, off-topic, but I've come to appreciate Woodie mains who rush lunar island and get their teammates early stone fruit bushes and salt boxes. Hats off to you Woodie mains out there.

Sincerely, A Wicker main

25 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

I looked around to see if anyone discovered this, and to my surprise, I couldn't find anything. I couldn't find any source mentioning this mechanic at all, not even on the Wiki;

I remember people were making this hint after the rework (or re-rework), also in other threads. But yeah, should be mentioned under "Tips" in the Wiki.

4 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

I remember people were making this hint after the rework (or re-rework), also in other threads. But yeah, should be mentioned under "Tips" in the Wiki.

Oh gotcha thanks for the input. It's weird that I couldn't find a single video talking about this mechanic, but you're right; it turns out a guy by the name of WoodieMain (of course) nonchalantly mentioned this in his wall of text in another Woodie-dedicated thread while giving advice on rushing lunar island and ruins. 

I need to spend more time on these forums; goes to show that there are hidden gems of information here if you don't skim.

Archived