Loyalty skins

What dictates when a loyalty skin is awarded? For example, according to the wiki: 

• The Loyal Winter's Feast Lantern skin was awarded for playing Don't Starve Together during the official Winter's Feastevent in 2018.

Which, I’d start off by saying - I have, but my family (we play the 5 of us always together) doesn’t. None of them do, as I’m the only one. 

we’ve been playing this game since launch on ps4, and only recently I’ve been taking a look at the skins and how to acquire them. And that skin isn’t the only thing funky. Like I said, what dictates it? Is it a hidden formula your side uses or is it like the wiki states? Why are so many loyalty skins missing from collection if it’s like the wiki states?

please help me understand 

According to this Winter's Feast Lanter skin, you could get in only by log in to game during Winter Feast event in 2018. For getting loyal skins you need to do specific actions like eg. watching DS or DST streams through 6 hours, log in to game during event, took part in special events, playing mini-games in Trade Inn.

Also DS wiki tell you about loyal skins which you can get on PC and not all can be available at consoles. I'm not sure if console players can get participation in every campaigns with loyal skins.

1 hour ago, Thalkas said:

According to this Winter's Feast Lanter skin, you could get in only by log in to game during Winter Feast event in 2018. For getting loyal skins you need to do specific actions like eg. watching DS or DST streams through 6 hours, log in to game during event, took part in special events, playing mini-games in Trade Inn.

Also DS wiki tell you about loyal skins which you can get on PC and not all can be available at consoles. I'm not sure if console players can get participation in every campaigns with loyal skins.

That’s what I’m saying, I got the loyalty skin. I logged into play, and no one else got it.

Most recently, I got the Halloween event one: 

• The Loyal Rusted Scythe skin was awarded for playing Don't Starve Togetherduring the official Hallowed Nights event in 2019.

again, no one else I play with did( all family, each with their own game) Like I mentioned, this is not the only item that this happened to occur for. There are multiple.

This is why I am asking on the forum. Trying to get a solid answer and understand. 

1 hour ago, CharlesB said:

Do they all play in online mode / have PS+ ?

Yes, each one of us plays in online. We usually run a “friends only” or a “password” type game, but always online. And always found within the search along with other people’s games. And we have PS+

Like I mentioned, there are several like that are like that (Loyal Knitted Puppy Hat, Pirate Birdcage, Clucky Winter Hat, Cherub's Heart, daggered heart, etc) and a few we all do not have, despite playing during the events, (I’ve listed some). Which again, spurred my curiosity in how to acquire these skins - and this me searching the different wiki’s) I’m aware that some cannot be obtained, as they were only available for PC/steam. 

We always play together, so don’t know what I’m missing, why we are not being awarded/gifted the rewards for playing during the event for loyalty items. I was under the impression prior that it had to do with just RNG on what we were given, that was before I looked into it a bit more. 

Archived