Is supply errand really necessary?

So far the supply errand give me a lot of problem, for example, I need one dup to deliver all food to refrigerator so I set supply priority to high, but when I want something to build with higher priority and set it, the supply dup come first and put resource, and the builder come later and build, sometime is far more slow than normal priority. sometimes you set your refrigerator to 9 priority and nobody do the job because you have no "supply" dup but "storage" one. why the refrigerator is not the storage errand type? that is very confusing. the errand description of supply means it is for more important thing, however sometimes put things into storage could be more important than put food to refrigerator.

My suggestion is, remove supply errand which is so much confusing, change the original supply job to the specific job. i.e. supply to refrigerator is storage errand, supply to building is build errand, supply to metal refinery is operation errand, supply resource to plant box is farm errand, supply raw food to electric grill is cook errand.

what do you think?

To summed up your suggestion is mean bind those supply to the main errands.

e.g If A want to build a thing A have to go get the resources and then A build it.

Personally I think it's a good thing in later stage of the game, While it's a bad thing in the early to mid game since one can't carry much resources. But if the dev change how dupe much dupe can carry based on tier of jobs then I would say it's a win-win situation and say goodbye to supply role.

(In fact in my early stage of the game I've dupe that do nothing except run around supply stuff and storage)

BTW have you try proximity option? I think it help in the late game while perform really bad in the early game.

I've been a long time proponent of dropping the supply errand and combining them as you suggested.  I've even posted about it in the past.  I find it extremely difficult to make my builder dupes supply their own construction materials, especially later in the game with a large number of dupes.

Archived