Using a Gas Elevator to Quickly Pump Gas

So recently I noticed that an Ez Bead (see @nakomaru‘s post here) will displace gas upwards when the bead has walls on either side.  Using this principle, it’s possible to: pump gas very quickly, pump gas to high pressures, pump to vacuum, and keep the temperatures of two gas rooms fairly well isolated from each other.  It’s also extremely energy efficient and only requires one type of liquid.  I call it a Gas Elevator.

Here’s a YouTube video with additional information, including an example (at the end) of how it might be used to keep a natural gas geyser from over pressurizing.  I did a search and couldn’t find anyone using it in a build, but the search function isn't the greatest so if anyone currently uses this in one of their builds, I’d love to hear about it (and see screenshots!).  I think it has a lot of potential uses.

Anyway, I think this mechanic is super cool and I wanted to share it with you guys.  I know someone here will find an interesting way to fully utilize this, if they haven’t already…

Archived