WIckerbottom's Tentacles

If I use Wickerbottom's on tentacles book will they be permanent or timed? I'm new and don't want to spawn them too close to my base if they are permanent or waste them because I spawned them too early. Also, do they drop tentacle loot? Looked at the wiki and couldn't get set in stone answers for these.

Yes, they're permanent. So, they won't go away until they're killed. Definitely don't spawn them too close to your base...lol. 
Yes, they drop the same loot as the ones in the swamp. 

What do you want to spawn them for? I think the tentacle method is the worst way to try to kill something. 
I've found that, on console, it's harder to get the tentacles to actually hit something moving through them. I tried the tentacle method on Bee Queen 3 times.... i died more times just trying to stop long enough for Bee Queen to actually get hit by the darn things....she would just keep flying right through them. And then, trying to pick up the loot is a pain too! lol. But that's just my opinion. 

I like the Catapult Method a lot better. 

On 11/21/2019 at 2:55 PM, JDiceArt777 said:

I think the tentacle method is the worst way to try to kill something. 
I've found that, on console, it's harder to get the tentacles to actually hit something moving through them. I tried the tentacle method on Bee Queen 3 times.... i died more times just trying to stop long enough for Bee Queen to actually get hit by the darn things....she would just keep flying right through them. And then, trying to pick up the loot is a pain too! lol. But that's just my opinion. 

I like the Catapult Method a lot better. 

It takes some practice and being very careful but you can not get hit by tentacles at all. One method is to make broken walls on the ground, so you have a safe spot to stand while summoning them. This also allows you to run to that safe place, fight bee queen normally while the tentacles deal all the damage (they have a pretty long range).

Here's a video example: 

Spoiler

In the video he didn't even fight, just remained hidden in a bush hat, but I think it's more efficient to stand in the center of the broken walls area and hit her, while she also gets attacked by the tentacles.

The catapult method is by far safer, but it takes longer to create. This tentacle trap can be made in just 10 days.

This contraption also works to kill Dragonfly. It takes some careful timing on how to put her to sleep, so she doesn't get enraged while on the tentacles, but it's perfectly doable (you have to put her to sleep and keep her asleep outside of the tentacle area while all the summoned lavae explode. After that, you can take her back to the tentacle area safely. Its a very short fight really, as long as you don't let her enrage over the tentacles)

Archived