don't starve together 32 bit dedicated server issue

i hit a memory wall when i have 5 people on my server and server randomly crashes for no reason only thing that comes too mind is memory limit of 32 bit application WHERE IS THE 64 BIT SERVER how do i run it 64 bit

image.thumb.png.4b93d25ca8903d51ca3ffffebb7e94c3.png

There is no 64bit server (yet), since the need for more than 4Gb or RAM is rarely is an issue on a small game like DST.

How many mods do you have installed? I've only seen one person actually running into an out of memory when he had like 80 mods installed and ran the map for >40 Days.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, Daniel86268 said:

There is no 64bit server (yet)

Oh, there is, but only for macOS. ;) 

On 11/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, Daniel86268 said:

4Gb or RAM is rarely is an issue on a small game like DST

Not sure what's the behaviour on Windows, but back in the 32-bit version when I was hosting a single-shard server (so client and master sim running in the same process), just starting up would consume some 2.9 GB. There were about dozen server mods, and ~20 client mods, but nothing substantial was added - no large sets of food items, etc. Was running into OoM crashes quite frequently, and at the time, moving to dedicated server mostly fixed the issue (I'm guessing Fix for Too Many Items and some other client mods had a large footprint).

So yeah - on a dedicated server, you're probably running a mod/some mods that are wasteful, or just too big, if you're running into OoM crashes.

so many times i can't even count it's 2019 ffs there should be 64 bit SERVER at least!

i am running multiworlds but that's my point i should be able to run a huge map with all the mods and have 64 players on my server without it crashing and CPU limited to 25% USAGE on quad core system with 10 GB RAM

crash on out of memory.PNG

Archived