Bringing back Twitch Plays Together

Hi everyone! I'm Ezequiel. A software engineer from Argentina.
I'm an enthusiast not-so-good don't starve player and I'd like to think I'm better at developing software than at the game LUL.

I recently developed a Discord Bot for DST Servers wich is still in beta stage. The project is open source and it's on github
https://github.com/ezequielzacca/dont-starve-together-discord-bot
I've been using it on my own dedicated server for a couple of weeks

The main idea behind it was to allow people on discord to chat with people on the server and vice-versa. In addition and with a lot of enthusiasm, I started adding some more things, like alerts when some dangerous creatures spawn, when someone kills them, a score system for such kills and a list of connected players, among others.

You can check some screenshots here
Imgur Album

Now and with that project almost finished, I decided to revive the awesome idea behind "Twitch Plays Together" which AFAIK is not working anymore.
As I do it in my free time and without any payment and just 4 fun, every help is welcome. So I wanted to share these 2 projects and maybe get some enthusiasts who want to climb on the train and help.

The language that was and will be used for the projects are
Typescript
Lua (of course)
Html
Css

You don't need to know them all, you don't need to know any of them and still help with ideas or testing.
I love this community and I love the game, I think it has a lot of potential to grow even more!

Feel free to ask any questions.

PS: Anyone knows who the original creator of "Twitch Plays Together" is? Maybe he is willing to share the source code as a foundation for the new project.

Edited by KZtyler

2 hours ago, KZtyler said:

Hi everyone! I'm Ezequiel. A software engineer from Argentina.
I'm an enthusiast not-so-good don't starve player and I'd like to think I'm better at developing software than at the game LUL.

I recently developed a Discord Bot for DST Servers wich is still in beta stage. The project is open source and it's on github
https://github.com/ezequielzacca/dont-starve-together-discord-bot
I've been using it on my own dedicated server for a couple of weeks

The main idea behind it was to allow people on discord to chat with people on the server and vice-versa. In addition and with a lot of enthusiasm, I started adding some more things, like alerts when some dangerous creatures spawn, when someone kills them, a score system for such kills and a list of connected players, among others.

You can check some screenshots here
Imgur Album

Now and with that project almost finished, I decided to revive the awesome idea behind "Twitch Plays Together" which AFAIK is not working anymore.
As I do it in my free time and without any payment and just 4 fun, every help is welcome. So I wanted to share these 2 projects and maybe get some enthusiasts who want to climb on the train and help.

The language that was and will be used for the projects are
Typescript
Lua (of course)
Html
Css

You don't need to know them all, you don't need to know any of them and still help with ideas or testing.
I love this community and I love the game, I think it has a lot of potential to grow even more!

Feel free to ask any questions.

PS: Anyone knows who the original creator of "Twitch Plays Together" is? Maybe he is willing to share the source code as a foundation for the new project.

theres a mod called Let's Play together which should work

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

theres a mod called Let's Play together which should work

My goal is to make it open source, as well documented as possible, and listen to the community for feedback and new features. At least for the one you mentioned, I could not find the source code.

Just to expand on the idea, i don't want it to be open source just because of reasons, but because it is a way to make sure the mod/project won't die even if I for some reason decide to not continue the development, anyone can continue the development and expand or modify it according to their liking. I think that is a big reason to start a project of my own.

Edited by KZtyler

Just posting some updates on how is the project going.

I'm quite happy, i struggle a bit with making the twitch extension, but it's going alright so far.

I've been able to make the extension with React and Typescript, which hopefully will make its maintenance and extensibility as well as taking waaay less time for devs to join the project and be able to start coding.
I've also created the NodeJS + Typescript Backend, whose role will consist of forwarding the extension requests to the game's console and be in charge of the things happening in the streamer's world.
I just need to make some refactoring and create the initial commits for both frontend (the twitch extension) and backend.