Sign in to follow this  
Felix_ag

Lost all my saves

Felix_ag    10

Hello!

Today when I started the game I didn't find my saves. Press "Start game" - only the first level! Is it bug or troubles with Steam Cloud?

Brook    583

Felix_ag,

That sucks :/ Haven't heard of this issue before, so I don't have any concrete solutions for you. Are you playing on the same computer as before?

Ninja saved game info is stored locally in a steam folder based on your steam user id:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\your_steam_userid\214560\remote\users

This is where the Steam Cloud files are cached for use by the game. If you've only logged into one steam account on your computer it should be easy to find, since it will be the only folder there.

Do you see a savegame.sav and settings.sav files in this directory? What are their timestamps and file sizes?

Felix_ag    10

The same computer, yes.

Files' timestamps are 11-05-2012 and time of my last starting a game (I mean, when I lost saves yet).

Filesizes are: savegame.sav - 262144 bytes

settings.sav - 16384 bytes

Brook    583

Hmm. At this point I can't see anything specifically related to Mark of the Ninja that might have caused that, it is possible that it's a Steam Cloud related issue.

You might want to google for what other people have tried as far as resolving Steam Cloud sync issues, eg. restarting Steam, verifying your file cache, or using windows file history to recover older copies of your saved games.

Felix_ag    10

Oh, sorry. savegame.sav timestamp 11-05-2012, settings.sav timestamp - 10-26-2012.

I think, Steam Cloud files has been overwrited already... But where is my progress - I don't understand.

Felix_ag    10

I tried verifying file cache, rebooting my computer, recovering is not possible... Well, I just starting a new game. But its very sadly after 12 hours of gameplay.

Thank you very much for trying to help me!