Please Change Rollback Mechanics

The current rollback mechanics only create singular restore points at the very start of a day. We just had a griefer show up at a base on an official dedicated server who deliberately waited until just before dawn to light the base on fire. Luckily the base happened to have an ice staff and several flingomatics but some damage had been done that could not be reversed since the rollback would not go far enough back to reverse the damage done. Similarly I've had situations where I have to repeat the entire day's actions because a rollback occured at the end of the day (this is less of an issue but since I'm posting this anyway I'll mention it). Having a singular restore point does not provide enough versatility to deal with griefers efficiently. I would recommend the following:

1. Add a restore point at the middle of the day, and retain all restore points up to the start of the previous day. Do not go further back than this to avoid abuse.

2. Have two options to roll back by a half day or full day, which can access the earlier restore points.

Uhm.. shut your server down then when you choose to rehost it go to the rollback tab and select how many days you want to rollback to (I believe you can go as far back as 5-6days if needed)

i love the rollback system- it makes griefers efforts pointless lol

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Uhm.. shut your server down then when you choose to rehost it go to the rollback tab and select how many days you want to rollback to (I believe you can go as far back as 5-6days if needed)

i love the rollback system- it makes griefers efforts pointless lol

I believe he mentioned that this happened on official servers. Only the admin can rollback more than 1 day. There should really be an option to vote for how many days the server should rollback via a public vote.

Archived