Liquid Reservoir

Why does it have an Output Pipe if it can only be used for storing liquid and not dispensing it? Perhaps the description is incomplete or outdated? A Liquid Reservoir connected to Hydroponic Farm does not irrigate it at all. The Liquid Pump must be submerged in water so one cannot use it to extract liquid from Reservoir.

reservoirio.png

1 hour ago, alexkuzmov said:

It looks like you are using it wrong.
It can be used both to store liquid and to supply liquid.
In your screenshot you`ve connected the inputs but not the outputs
The only reservoir with connected output has no input.

The only reservoir with connected Output is the only one I intended to test, since the in-game description is utterly useless. It has no input because it is already 5t full.  I misplaced the 2 full reservoirs, and now I would simply like to 1) empty them, 2) deconstruct them without causing flood, 3) rebuild them so that there would be 4 reservoirs side by side without any gaps. The only problem is that there is no way to pump out the liquid already inside the reservoir.

Alright, I got that 1 reservoir working, but obviously I can't power the pump via coal generator now because I don't want the reservoir to fill back up again.

Thanks, alex!

3 hours ago, NOOBMASTER said:

2) deconstruct them without causing flood,

As for now deconstructing a full resevoir leaves a 5t liquid bottle so don`t worry about a flood.

There was a few changes about how pipes work recently. One thing is that now pipes empty with just an output, before they needed an input as well. Reservoirs before worked without an input iirc but actually i don`t remember making one inputless.

3 hours ago, NOOBMASTER said:

I can't power the pump via coal generator now because I don't want the reservoir to fill back up again.

Most of the time the system checks if the pump is present and not if it`s working. You can disable the pump, either manually, using automation or cutting the power and the system should behave the same. No need to turn off the generator here.

I am surprised no-one pointed it out yet. All you need to do is connect one single tile of pipe with the input. It will then output its content. No need to connect a pump or to pump anything.

If you click the building it will tell you why with red text. The building has operation rules, which if not met disable the building. For reservoirs these rules are: build on tiles, input pipe connected, output pipe connected, and not set to disabled. For some reason the input pipe will work even if the building is disabled.

You can also immediately see if a building is disabled when there is a red popup at the building.

Edit: Of course you also need to have a destination for the reservoir to output. Make sure you don't mix up in- and outputs (I do that all the time).

Archived