Checking mods list: unable to retrieve, version mismatch

From last update, when "Salty Dog" went live, I get on most modded servers the below message:

mods_error

My question: is this intended, and you need to actually log on said servers for client to download those mods and finally show them or I need to do something particular in DST menus to be able to see what mods are on servers? I repeat: I get this message on most modded servers when I try to take a look at the mods there are installed ("View Mods" tab in server details).

If this is as-intended... hmm. Pretty problematic as compared to before last update.

5 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

From last update, when "Salty Dog" went live, I get on most modded servers the below message:

mods_error

My question: is this intended, and you need to actually log on said servers for client to download those mods and finally show them or I need to do something particular in DST menus to be able to see what mods are on servers? I repeat: I get this message on most modded servers when I try to take a look at the mods there are installed ("View Mods" tab in server details).

If this is as-intended... hmm. Pretty problematic as compared to before last update.

You need to be on the beta to see the mods list, and you can't join the server until you are on the same version aka the beta. You should be able to view the mods list on servers in your version normally.

Now I see, all those golden-colored Server titles are for Beta servers. Confused me, I thought they are from my subscribed groups'. Ty!

PS: only now did I tried to log on one of those "yellowed" servers just to see if I automatically get a beta-download option or just some error pop-up... was the latter. Curious we can actually see beta servers from main branch, yet is kinda superfluous; makes me wonder why devs made this option...

Archived