Slickster Larvae auto-wrangle bug?

I noticed that most of my critters get auto-wrangled fine, especially if they are in a room with a dropoff set to Max 0 critters and Auto-Wrangle Surplus. 

But I accidentally got one Slickster Larvae in the wrong room and it would not get auto-wrangled.  Of course, once it grew up it git immediately wrangled.

Is this a bug or intentional behavior? (even though I can't imagine why you would want auto-wrangle to work for adults but not babies, but anything is possible) 

Does it affect only Slickster Larvae or does it affect all babies?

32 minutes ago, zOldBulldog said:

I noticed that most of my critters get auto-wrangled fine, especially if they are in a room with a dropoff set to Max 0 critters and Auto-Wrangle Surplus. 

But I accidentally got one Slickster Larvae in the wrong room and it would not get auto-wrangled.  Of course, once it grew up it git immediately wrangled.

Is this a bug or intentional behavior? (even though I can't imagine why you would want auto-wrangle to work for adults but not babies, but anything is possible) 

Does it affect only Slickster Larvae or does it affect all babies?

This happens with any child. Auto wrangle does not seem to target children at all.

Since you can wrangle them normally when wranglable, I'm willing to call it a bug.

6 hours ago, Chthonicone said:

I'm willing to call it a bug.

I had the exact same scenario happen when a shine nymph got into my hatch enclosure. The ranchers were wrangling my hatches instead because it had gone over the critter limit I set for the room. This should be filed in a bug report.

In my fallible memory, it didn't used to work this way. I was so sure when I noticed it that I posted a bug report, but I don't know if it's a bug.

I kinda dislike it personally. But I can see that it may be useful to have a "nursery" for some kinds of critters so they don't use the population capacity of your production stables. Since auto-wrangle works this way, you can reliably move ONLY the adults into production. At least some critters (all?) don't need the babies to be fed or non-crowded until they are adults, so perhaps greater efficiency could be had that way.

I do use a nursery.   Unless it is an egg that goes to the egg cracker, my eggs go to an incubator room.   The room also has 2 critter dropoffs.   One is set to receive and hold an unlimited number of babies.   The other is set to zero of the adults and auto wrangle.   That way Eggs go to the incubators, hatch, drop to the ground, grow up, then are taken to either the adult stable or the kill room.

In the particular case of the original post I made a mistake and 2 babies snuck into the adult room.  One grew up and then got autowrangled.   The other would just not get wrangled and I got fed up, so I ended up killing it.  Yep, I am a filthy baby killer!

What is interesting is that there is no problem wrangling a baby from the incubator to the baby dropoff, only from a regular room to a baby dropoff, even if you add a 0 baby critter with autwrangle to the room.

Archived