Caves not connecting to master

I've been running a dedicated server off and on whenever I get the itch to play again, and have never had an issue with caves connecting to the master before (it was even working earlier today before I had to reinstall the dedicated server steam tool).

Due to there being an issue with the world gen command causing my dedicated server console to get stuck in a loop, I reinstalled the tool thinking there would be no issue. After reinstalling, I noticed that I would get this message on the caves shard whenever I launched

[Shard] Connecting to master...
[Shard] Connection to master failed. Waiting to reconnect...

I have double triple checked the ports to make sure everything lines up, uninstalled and reinstalled the tool several times, went back and followed the video I originally used to set the server up (it worked perfectly fine before after following that tutorial), and have even made two scripts to launch the shards separately - none of it has worked, the slave still cannot connect to the master. DST isn't nearly as enjoyable to play for me without being able to access caves so the idea of not being able to get to that content is incredibly discouraging for my desire to play.

If anyone has any ideas for things I haven't tried yet, please send them my way, it would be greatly appreciated. Also have attached my cluster and server.ini files for reference

cluster.ini

server.ini

server.ini

First of all, the config files do seem correct to me.

Now to the issue:
I sometimes get a similar error, when the Caves Shard was booted up before the Master Shard. Not sure why, but the DST server sometimes has issues connecting them in that situation.

Try starting the Master Shard up first completely and afterwards the Caves Shard, and see if they connect then.

8 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

First of all, the config files do seem correct to me.

Now to the issue:
I sometimes get a similar error, when the Caves Shard was booted up before the Master Shard. Not sure why, but the DST server sometimes has issues connecting them in that situation.

Try starting the Master Shard up first completely and afterwards the Caves Shard, and see if they connect then.

Already done that, saw where you recommended to someone else to try making two separate scripts, didn't work for me sadly

One thing I do want to note - I am running the beta for Return of Them on both my client and my dedicated server. Don't know if that might have anything to do with it or not, cuz it was working fine yesterday before I reinstalled the tool

Here's a screenshot of the loop the caves shard is stuck in

image.thumb.png.64f68fa60b45ee1021df848c236ba760.png

Have possibly found the problem? But am unsure how to fix it. I definitely have this port open on our router but if I read correctly I think 27016 is actually a steam port you have to use? So no clue how to fix this

image.png.51c6e1ef010303a40dacc4ee765f8e48.png

EDIT:
Other possible cause

image.png.d6d22c8d442936de51238f69fd1b195b.png

Not sure how to fix that one as I have definitely opened that port on our router and also added a rule on my PC which I'm running the server on to allow that port on my firewall

Okay, so I figured out what was wrong and it was a very simple fix

Long story short - Don't have the same port for the master in Cluster.ini as well as the Master Server.ini, you need to use three different ports in total

Archived