Tempshift plates in space

So I've been under the impression that drywall and tempshift plates function similarly in that they are background plates that you can use to seal rooms on the surface, I've been breaking onto the surface and attempting to build rooms finally and have found that tiles of vacuums persist on the floor of my space base(where I've installed tempshift plates to conduct heat from equipment and send it to a cooling loop). I am starting to come to the conclusion that I've simply misunderstood one of the functions of tempshift plates(which, apart from this, I feel I understand very well) but I have been unable to locate any information on the subject anywhere on these forums. If the tempshift plates don't work like this(which would be kinda stupid) please let me know.

9 minutes ago, idkthatcool said:

have found that tiles of vacuums persist on the floor of my space base

Do you mean that you are trying to fill the room with gas, but it flies out of the room, or do mean that there is a vacuum after you have built the room? Drywall only offers the background, which should allow you to fill the room with gas without it flying off into space, it does not create an atmosphere by itself.

Archived