[SOLVED] How to add Mod Character Describe for Self or other?

I want to add a DESCRIBE string for my character and its pair character so that it recognizes itself (another player using the same mod) and its pair. 

Ex. Wilson describing another Wilson as being his doppleganger and greets all other characters and the player with with different quotes.

I saw a couple attempts at this in other mods but they didn't work when I tested them. There were two ways I saw it attempted: the first put the coding in the modmain.lua, the second was put it in the prefab/character.lua. Both used the same coding.

The coding was as follows:

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.[CHARACTERNAME] = 
{
        GENERIC = "quote here",
        ATTACKER = "quote here",
        MURDERER = "quote here",
        REVIVER = "quote here",
        GHOST = "quote here",
        FIRESTARTER = "quote here."
}

To my understanding the game doesn't recognize if you just slap your mod character's name in the string, so is there a way to actually get it to work? And is it possible to describe another mod character?

Edited by suteneko

It makes no difference whether you put it in your modmain or your character prefab Lua file (assuming you put it in the right place).

The strings you're setting are the GENERIC strings, but you want to set specific character strings. Try this:

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.YOUR_CHARACTERNAME_IN_CAPS.DESCRIBE.YOUR_CHARACTERNAME_IN_CAPS = "I look twice as nice!"