"Dedicated Server Failed To Start"

Whenever i try to launch or create a world with my personal mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1851770380) but whenever i do it, it says "Dedicated Server Failed To Start - There was some sort of trouble starting your server. Please try again". I've tried reloading the game & restarting the server but nothing seems to work

there is a bug in your mod. and it is much easier to debug if you dont start a dedicated server. Try to host this mod simply on your pc without cave active and you will get all error messages in your client log, tht is easier to debug.
edit: and if there is no bug when you are the host, try enabling caves and then lookk into client and server log.

Of course you can also look at your dedicated server logfile.

Edited by Serpens

11 minutes ago, Serpens said:

there is a bug in your mod. and it is much easier to debug if you dont start a dedicated server. Try to host this mod simply on your pc without cave active and you will get all error messages in your client log, tht is easier to debug.
edit: and if there is no bug when you are the host, try enabling caves and then lookk into client and server log.

Of course you can also look at your dedicated server logfile.

oh yeah i forgot to mention thats exactly what i did, I didnt do it on a dedicated server but it still said that

39 minutes ago, Serpens said:

yes, but you have to read the logfile/s to find out why it says that. Is this your first mod?

It's my second mod but my first mod is basically this mod (Both of them literally just tune values).

When i check my client log I keep finding this specific string of text but i dont know what it means:

[00:00:50]: WARNING loading modinfo.lua: Niggles Hell does not specify if it is compatible with Don't Starve Together. It may not work properly.    
[00:00:51]: FrontendLoadMod    Niggles Hell    
[00:00:51]: Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_Niggles Hell    
[00:00:51]: Fontend-Loading mod: Niggles Hell (Niggle's Hell) Version:72345    
[00:00:51]: Mod: Niggles Hell (Niggle's Hell)    Loading modworldgenmain.lua    
[00:00:51]: Mod: Niggles Hell (Niggle's Hell)      Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping.    
[00:00:51]: WARNING loading modinfo.lua: Niggles Hell does not specify if it is compatible with Don't Starve Together. It may not work properly.    
[00:00:51]: GOT top mod details...50
[00:00:51]: WARNING loading modinfo.lua: Niggles Hell does not specify if it is compatible with Don't Starve Together. It may not work properly.    
[00:00:52]: WARNING loading modinfo.lua: Niggles Hell does not specify if it is compatible with Don't Starve Together. It may not work properly.    
[00:00:53]: WARNING loading modinfo.lua: Niggles Hell does not specify if it is compatible with Don't Starve Together. It may not work properly.    
[00:00:54]: WARNING loading modinfo.lua: Niggles Hell does not specify if it is compatible with Don't Starve Together. It may not work properly.    

Also, I dont even know how to make it tagged as compatible with DST

2 minutes ago, LordNiggle said:

It's my second mod but my first mod is basically this mod (Both of them literally just tune values).

When i check my client log I keep finding this specific string of text but i dont know what it means:

[00:00:50]: WARNING loading modinfo.lua: Niggles Hell does not specify if it is compatible with Don't Starve Together. It may not work properly.    
[00:00:51]: FrontendLoadMod    Niggles Hell    
[00:00:51]: Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_Niggles Hell    
[00:00:51]: Fontend-Loading mod: Niggles Hell (Niggle's Hell) Version:72345    
[00:00:51]: Mod: Niggles Hell (Niggle's Hell)    Loading modworldgenmain.lua    
[00:00:51]: Mod: Niggles Hell (Niggle's Hell)      Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping.    
[00:00:51]: GOT top mod details...50
[00:00:52]: WARNING loading modinfo.lua: Niggles Hell does not specify if it is compatible with Don't Starve Together. It may not work properly.    
[00:00:53]: WARNING loading modinfo.lua: Niggles Hell does not specify if it is compatible with Don't Starve Together. It may not work properly.    
[00:00:54]: WARNING loading modinfo.lua: Niggles Hell does not specify if it is compatible with Don't Starve Together. It may not work properly.    

Also, I dont even know how to make it tagged as compatible with DST

look at the modinfo from other mods, it may be the entry "api_version = 10" is missing or "dst_compatible = true" or maybe something else

Edited by Serpens

6 minutes ago, Serpens said:

look at the modinfo from other mods, it may be the entry "api_version = 10" is missing or "dst_compatible = true" or maybe something else

Ok I found the bug, but I do have dst_compatible = true and I had it in the last mod but it always said that it never was tagged as compatible with DST which is weird

11 hours ago, LordNiggle said:

Ok I found the bug, but I do have dst_compatible = true and I had it in the last mod but it always said that it never was tagged as compatible with DST which is weird

The only time I had this problem, was when I kept editing a version of my mod file in another folder, and not understanding why the version in the game's "mods" folder didn't update its compatibility xD