How to get Influence

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask noob questions (I'm at prestige 2) but I just lost a run, and I am very confused about the lack of influence granting cards. Was it just bad luck? The only new source of influence I got was throught updating starting cards. My resulting diplomacy deck soon became trush and snowballed the run to death

One of your starting cards (Sal’s intuition?) can grant influence from the start, if you pick the diplomacy option. It’s not enough by itself though, so don’t pick cards that consume influence if you don’t have more support.

There are many cards that give influence. Building rapport, magnetic charm and especially solid point are very good for that. Setup is great too, though that requires a somewhat different kind of deck. Note that some of them require unlocking card packs before they are available.

Building rapport was my savior for the first 3-4 runs. And also Fast Talk with influence upgrade is good. 

My main mistake was to take every card they offer me. For the time being I end up with a deck of 25 cards and have somewhere around 4-6 influence generators.

Archived