Mod Troubleshooting?

Is there a relatively easy way to troubleshoot what mod are causing problems with each other? I've noticed that the self-sealing airlock mod is starting to leak gasses even after removing the mod to have it download a fresh copy.

I was hoping there was a good way to see what is causing this to aid in a bug report with the mod (or the mod that is causing a conflict).

There is currently no real debug-output for such things. Mod support ist also still in beta.

But in general you can count on problems, if something changes the same values, while not introducing a new building. For example: 2 mods change something with an airlock. They will override each other in order of loading. The best method would be to make a new building, keeping the original as it is.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:59 PM, SharraShimada said:

But in general you can count on problems, if something changes the same values, while not introducing a new building. For example: 2 mods change something with an airlock. They will override each other in order of loading. The best method would be to make a new building, keeping the original as it is.

That highly depends on how the mod is coded. If modders follows this guide then conflicts will be kept at a minimum. However I wrote the guide due to mod conflicts due to mod creators not following those guidelines and then mods can easily conflict and overwrite each other.

Depending on the code, load order of mods might matter like A can mod B, but B overwrites A. If that's the case, then load A last.

Archived