Please exchange kcal with Joule.

Hello,

i really like this game and i like that it uses Watt and Joule and Gramm.

But why does it use Calorie? It is an outdated unit with different definitions by different countries. I use MJ in shool for calculating rations for animals.

If animals can have it why not this game. :)

Thank you.

Well, calories are more obvious for new players to how many are needed. If we swapped that to joules it would lead to confusion as most people don`t count their meal energy value that way. It would also call for further changes like altering the calorie consumption based on temperature produced by dupes or even power produced by manual generators. When we get into specifics some of the stuff doesn`t make much sense since it`s a simulation and a lot of things had to be simplified.

But i`m not against settings that recalculate calories to joules just like you can set your temperature to fahrenheit.

Joules thermal were mostly renamed to DTU to reduce confusion with joules electric, which are used in an entirely arbitrary manner. Joules nutritional would probably set an expectation that nutritional burn rate would correspond with body heat production, or a conversion rate on the manual generator, or ...

Archived