[Suggestion] Reduce the affect of RNG on card drops

From reading the forum and my own player experiences it seems one of the more difficult parts of the game is that especially as the pool of possible cards grows it's harder to get cards dropped that match the specialization of your deck. This makes one of the better strategies skipping card drops consistently so that you only get the cards that match what youre trying to build. This usually works but it can still be difficult to flesh out a deck especially if you wanna try a niche category.  My suggestion is thus:

Regardless of rarity each card drop drops cards of 3 different categories, meaning you will always be offered 1 domination, 1 negotiation and 1 manipulation card per drop. This way there's no more getting 3 domination cards and skipping them all when you're trying to build a negotiation deck. I think the would be most useful in combat drops where you could guarantee each drop had at least one unique keyword so that even if there was some overlap like counter discard or conter defense cards the player would still be given a wider and more consistent range of drops to choose from.

I feel like after Day 2 or 3, the game should have a bias towards the type of cards you collect and remove. Maybe the game will replace a regular drop with a card tailored to your estimated playstyle about 40% of the time and redraw types of cards you've removed from your deck 20% of the time.

I guess I wouldn’t mind the game not offering cards I’ve removed from my deck, although I don’t remove non-starter cards very often.

On the other hand, I would rather have full random card choices than the game try to “guess” the sort of deck I am building but be wrong about it. I think the option to disable card packs before a run is a nice compromise.

Maybe add an option for the card vendors to offer specific cards (e.g. pay 50 shills so that the next night they only offer cards with one of the following key words : combo, bleed, discard, counter). Or just pay to mulligan their selection, I guess.

By Day 2 or 3, you've basically got your deck archetype laid out and you can really only expand on it. I just find it really frustrating when I'm trying to find cards that have a discard ability and by the time I'm fighting Drusk the only thing I have is Windup and several cards that Discard other cards. And again, it'd still be chance based, just with a little nudge in the direction of your deck archetype.

Archived