Oxyfern in a flower pot

basically i spawned in a world with almost no algae but loads of oxyfern so i said screw i guess i'm using this so i tried putting it in my colonist's barracks using flower pots (so that the decor didnot take a hit in the gut) but i realised that you cant do that. i understand that farming research becomes useless if you can plant anything in flower pots but could we make this one exception for oxyfern?

The problem with flower pots is that they can`t accept any materials. Oxyferns need dirt and water so they are planted in planter boxes.

Anyway folwer pots don`t add much to decor on their own and oxyfern has a negative decor stat so i don`t think it would change much in terms of decor if you put it in a flower pot.

On 2019-08-15 at 5:08 AM, Sasza22 said:

The problem with flower pots is that they can`t accept any materials. Oxyferns need dirt and water so they are planted in planter boxes.

Anyway folwer pots don`t add much to decor on their own and oxyfern has a negative decor stat so i don`t think it would change much in terms of decor if you put it in a flower pot.

I dont really understand why you want this. Can you explain further?

On 8/16/2019 at 5:41 PM, Devouringexpert said:

I dont really understand why you want this. Can you explain further?

It sounds like a desire for more decor options to me. Oxyfern looks good, decorative pots look good, but planter boxes and farm tiles are ugly.

Archived