Geysers and map size

Does anyone know how reducing the map size affects geysers and volcanoes and stuff? If you cut the map size down really small, do they just all spawn in that tighter area, or is there a chance of them not showing up because they're outside the map boundary or something? Or perhaps a better chance of a structure spawming on top of them? Or really anything that'd make them not appear?

I've wanted to make a dupe paradise for a while, but lag kills all my games before I can get the base as big and sophisticated as I'd like.

You will have fewer geysers with a smaller map. As best I can tell, the generation pattern is essentially the same but the map is cropped at the center.

Methods for high fps into cycle 17000: 3 dupes, few pathing options, few critters, stacked debris, solid tiles.

Yea, I'm trying the solid tile approach this time. Got about a quarter of the map completely cleared, walled off and vented to space for vaccum. Gonna play with some other storage options, and building up a big hatch farm to try to use up those minerals that always accumulate. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the info

Archived