How to properly compile texture?

I tried multiple thing. First it actually work the way I did it, but now it is not working :(

I opened copy of atlas-0.tex for some thing texture, then get png with TEXTool. Then I change what I want, only the color of texture really and recompile, replacing the copy of atlar-0.tex file. But when I put in zip folder in my mod, with or not with anim and build files it not work correctly; with this original files the texture has white borders around each part even though I edited one whole image, but without them it is invisible. Help!

On 24.07.2019 at 10:52 PM, zetake said:

You can decompile with anim.bin, but without animation...

Did you tried this way?

Instead of converting only texture, convert whole animation with original anim or if it's lacking it, with that one...

And after changing image, compile animation. Then you can take atlas-0.tex and check if it was really problem with texture...

3 hours ago, zetake said:

Did you tried this way?

Instead of converting only texture, convert whole animation with original anim or if it's lacking it, with that one...

And after changing image, compile animation. Then you can take atlas-0.tex and check if it was really problem with texture...

I am confused, I use TEXTool to decomile with animation, what? Can you write steps down for me so I can get better idea of what need to be done?

On 09/08/2019 at 8:17 PM, zetake said:

I mean you said that you just decompiled texture not whole animation...

And I'm saying decompile and compile as animation not as texture to check if it will be any difference...

Ok that worked, but the animation is now a bit off. I then tried replacing the anim and bin files from original but result is it is invisible :(

Also if I just change the anim file alone. I dont know what I did before but somehow long before was able to get both new texture and original animation work fine. No idea how.

@zetake is this just how it be with some animations and textures that you can not compile the way you want? I did it before tho but I dont know how. I have left it so the textures to animation are a bit off but the new texture actually shows. I not know what more can be done but would be good to have solution.

Archived