Question: static "main" method; bootup function

Maybe this is explained somewhere, but I couldn't find it. What is the entry point for a static single run main method. Like in any program. I would like to do stuff on bootup. For example, the harmony wiki page says something about manual patching: https://github.com/pardeike/Harmony/wiki/Bootstrapping

But where do you put that stuff? Thanks for any help.

We don't have that - instead all methods marked with [HarmonyPatch] are executed by the game calling PatchAll(). 

For one-time stuff on boot we now have the game looking for a public void OnLoad() (can be static) method. - can be in any class.

Oh, okay. I think that answers my question. Just need to define any class with OnLoad(). Is there also a OnUnload()? Not that I need it, just wondering.

Also, about the PatchAll(), who calls this? Should I call it? PatchAll(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly()) sounds like it takes everything in my assembly to process. So, I just put PatchAll in my OnLoad method?

Sorry if these are rookie questions. I not used to this :) And thanks for your help.

No, the game code does PatchAll() which executes all methods that you annotate with [HarmonyPatch]

There is no Unload. For specifics and other methods check out the method LoadDLLs() in the game's mod manager

Archived