Yellow Alert

How actually is this supposed to work?  Dupes seem to forget all the things they need to live just to carry out Yellow Alert prioritized jobs, of which I always have Coal generators set at because they still forget to dump coal in them if I don't.

The won't use bathroom, they won't eat, they won't sleep, all because of yellow alert.

So what makes it different from red alert other than it being a top priority?

Reason I asked is because, they should still go sleep even if they are on a yellow alert, according to the wiki at least, but they don't.

To me it feels like Yellow Alert should not prevent personal tasks, it should be the top work priority, and if you then need this task done ASAP, then you activate Red Alert, otherwise there's little point in having Red Alert?

No, yellow alert allows all the other dupes except the one assigned the yellow alert errand to do personal tasks.  If they are regularly not delivering to the coal gens, you need to first check the "Priority" schedule at the top of the screen.  Notice that "Supply" is at the end of the list.  If you double up arrow one dupe in Supply and he doesn't have a double up arrow on anything to the left of that Supply column, that dupe will prioritize that type of errand.  Next, click on the Priority Overlay by clicking on the bottom right Priority button.  Here you want to be sure that you are using the right priority number on each errand.  By default they start on five.  When I notice that I am having issues getting tasks done, I go to the Priority overlay and hightlight sections of the map and turn down the priority level on all those things enmass.  As you are assigning priorities, you want five to be do it now, six oops before do it now and seven to be your urgent.  That will leave you eight and nine as more emergency things.

Hope this makes sense!

good luck

Archived