Help creating new resource

Before I get started, I want to tell you that I have little to no experience creating mods. That means I don't want any simple one-word answers or "Just do this" answers as if I know everything already. So here we go.

I would like to know how I would go about creating a new plant resource, similar to the Grass and Saplings seen growing all over the place. I already have the textures I want to use, and this mod supplies the resource I would like to obtain from the plant. What I want to do is essentially make a harvestable plant that drops wheat, the resource that is supplied by the mod, but it currently only grows in farms. I want to also make it so that the plant spawns in the Savanna biome along with the grass that is already there. How would I go about doing this?

(In more simple terms, I want to make a wheat plant using pre-existing textures and a pre-existing resource. I want said resource to be obtainable from the wheat plant, and I want the wheat plant to grow in the yellow grassy area)

Archived